Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my monochrome 54. As soon as I find someone who wrecks an 03 red/black it will be all black and I'll have a full spare set of bodywork for track use.

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts
Great looking bike!

Just stay away from my 954's upper.  

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ccwiili is right, It's Ferodo rotors and Marchesini's. They made an unbelievable difference in acceleration. I think more than the exhaust/map did and it does 149.1 @ 13.2 AF ratio.

·
Registered
364 Posts
So, Bill, tell us how you got the wing off the tank, dude.
Was it a re-paint, and if so, why didn't the upper fairing get done too?

By the way, looks excellent so far.  

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have been buying spare parts as I find them for track use next year. I got a Silver tank with some scratches, did the repairs and had it painted black along with all of the flat black OEM plastic (sprocket, duct, chain covers). I decided to get the OEM black upper so paint chips don't show. There are some nicks in my silver one and I figured I painted it black they would eventually show up. The OEM one is black all the way through and will hold up better. The body shop I use for all of the fiberglass work we do thought that was a better idea but that's probably because he doesn't charge me.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I thought about doing the swingarm black but I think it looks too nice to hide under black powder coat. If I find a spare swingarm I'll get that done black just to see how it looks. I have a local powder coating place that I do a lot of business with and they 'll hook me up. Job perks rule. When I get my black ZX10 I will be monochrome man. Track bike, 954, ZX10, Acura Legend, CRX all black. I'm cleaning something every day.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts