Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all ,my pillion seat is stuck closed . The latch will not release . The key turns but I suspect the cable is broken or out of postion . And ideas on how to get it off ?

·
Banned
234 Posts
My old 929 did this, from what I rem, I took off the driver seat and manipulated the lock from the front with a coat hanger. It was ages ago though, sorry I can't be more descriptive!

·
Heeza Y Zasch
3,033 Posts
yeah. if you're able to get after it, the lock cylinder is only held in place with a slideable "clip" that's relatively removed. that might be your best bet to access or manipulate the cable.

best of luck, and please let us know what you end up doing.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If someone could post a photo of the locking mechanism that would help get my head round it . Thanks

·
Heeza Y Zasch
3,033 Posts
This is from the back of the bike, with the "passenger" seat up. The clip is removed from PORT to STARBOARD (as you're sitting on the bike).

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Turns out the seat is not fixed to the flipper mechanism ? The nuts are missing ,Previous owner bodge? . so I was able to lift the lock end of the seat up a little .i can just see the lock cable is not fixed to the catch , just need to find a way of tripping the catch?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts