Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i have a question.. I own an 02 954rr. What performance mods can you do to a 954?? I know about power commander, and full exhaust.. But what else??? Thanks... :thumb:

Oh and How much does boreing out the engine add??? The previous owner said he had bored it.

·
Registered
824 Posts
big bore is one of the best ways to get power other than a turbo...depends on what be bored it to...engines can only be bored out so much because the cylinder walls get to thin and then the engine overheats..your probably looking at another 10-15hp depending on the bore...i would def get the full exhaust because with a bigger bore then engine is pushing out more air and it needs a good exhaust system to get rid of it...you will see better gains with a full system than a person with a stock 954 because of the big bore...

i would change the filter...cheap..and it will help breathe better...some people swear by the stock filter but i can say from my experience that a filter will def give you more oompf in the higher rpms where the engine benefits from more air flow..

you could change the gearing..if it hasnt already been changed

you could get a quickshifter kit...if ur planning on getting the PC

Ignition module? dunno if its worth the $300 for 2 -5hp though

Velocity stacks? never tried them on my old 954...but ive heard they sacrifice low end torque for highend power...its worth it if you live on the track but if you just street ride i would stick with the OEM stacks..

take out the flapper in the airbox...its free...doesnt really do anything for the bike except limit intake noise...might make take offs a little easier and maybe a little better throttle response..

galfer SS front brake lines- are a must, IMO...one of the best mods fr the money

do a tune up...depending on how many miles the bike has...if its a decent amount a tune up could give u a couple HP...change the oil to full syn,...put new plugs in...change coolant..put some water wetter in or engine ice...

New tires are a biggie...I am gonna get the new dunlop Q2's but michelin are very good, pirelli, bridgestone...i wouldnt buy from any other brand of tire but im sure theres other good ones out there

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah i was thinking of a full exhaust.. It is geared... i have a k&n filter. i was looking at the quick shift kit, i am going to tune-up bike before summer, i want to do a type of hotbodies megaphone exhaust.. but cant find any for 954's..

·
Registered
824 Posts
i have an FMF on my 08 and i LOVE it...i dunno if they make them for the 954 but its worth a chot...best exhaust for the money IMO...good power..nice sound..good build quality....and their not a dime a dozen like some of these other exhausts (2blows exhaust)

·
Registered
824 Posts
ya cold fusion nitrous is a decent nitrous system...not bad...i had a dry system on my R6 and it worked great...just make sure if u get a dry system that you have a PC3 to add the proper fuel...dont believe it when it says the bike will add the necessary fuel itself cuz it wont...that is bullS***

·
Premium Member
32,104 Posts
Oh and How much does boring out the engine add??? The previous owner said he had bored it.
Not much.
You can bore it 1mm over for 26cc or 2.7%.
You could perhaps expect to see 2-3% increase in power from that as well as the small increase in compression it brings with it.
If he also used higher compression pistons that'd see a little more.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.