Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
Anyone know a good colour match for the rear subframe ,I wanna give it a touch up .

·
Heeza Y Zasch
3,033 Posts
hmm... someone posted the actual color "code" for the frame & subframe once, but I don't remember who or where :idunno:

sidenote: our local autoparts store sells aerosol plasti-dip in a dark gun-metal-ish kinda metallic color... thought about giving it a try on the swingarm. (plasti-dip = pull off if'n ya don't like it) ;)

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
I think it is just black.... hard to remember exactly, but it looked plain black to me when I had it all stripped down to paint the plastics...

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
I'll upload some pics of the bike sans plastics tomorrow sometime and you can decide.

·
Heeza Y Zasch
3,033 Posts
:cheers:

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
I think it is just black.... hard to remember exactly, but it looked plain black to me when I had it all stripped down to paint the plastics...
Better check your glasses demon, it's actually grey.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
hmm... someone posted the actual color "code" for the frame & subframe once, but I don't remember who or where :idunno:

sidenote: our local autoparts store sells aerosol plasti-dip in a dark gun-metal-ish kinda metallic color... thought about giving it a try on the swingarm. (plasti-dip = pull off if'n ya don't like it) ;)
I'm actually going to try Plasti-dip on the hood of my Jeep. If it holds up I might do the front fenders, windshield frame and steel doors. I need to do something with it, but it needs much more than just paint and I know from experience that I wont be happy with a paint job less than $1500 or so. $1500 will go a lot farther on suspension.

·
Heeza Y Zasch
3,033 Posts
I've heard both good & not-so good things about long-term effects. Some folks (that have used it) have said if you don't apply at least 8-10 coast and/or allow it to "bake" on (places like SoCal), it's nearly impossible to peel off (when you're "done" with it). That, combined with the advertised "Temporary Finish", would be a cause of concern for me... not a big concern though.

So far, I'm pleased with how my RR2's fender and undertail turned out. See me in October for a durability review :deal:

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
I've heard both good & not-so good things about long-term effects. Some folks (that have used it) have said if you don't apply at least 8-10 coast and/or allow it to "bake" on (places like SoCal), it's nearly impossible to peel off (when you're "done" with it). That, combined with the advertised "Temporary Finish", would be a cause of concern for me... not a big concern though.

So far, I'm pleased with how my RR2's fender and undertail turned out. See me in October for a durability review :deal:
Yeah, that's why I'm only going to do the hood for now. The paint on the hood is already about 80% burned through to primer, so I can't make it any worse. It's my test piece, since it is exposed to the harshest environment. If it doesn't work out I have a 3100 psi pressure washer that will take off paint, even if you don't want it to! With a foam cannon attached it makes a fun job of washing the cars and RV though.

·
Heeza Y Zasch
3,033 Posts
haha, I bet! I've almost forgotten how harsh the Southern California sun can be to finishes. I once had a black Jetta (windows tinted) when stationed at MCAGCC, and ona hot day, left it out to display while doing a fund-raising car wash...

...by the end of the 120F day, my windshield had to go to Sick Call, and eventually to Supply for a serviceable replacement due to a NASSSTY crack. :O

oops :eek:fftopic: good luck with your hood, and let meknow how you make out :thumb:

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Better check your glasses demon, it's actually grey.

Indeed sir, indeed.... was looking at it last night like... this doesn't look very black =)

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts