Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I still had about a gallon of gas left in my 954's tank, and a gallon left in the fuel can that I took with me on my VT trip, I decided that it'd be a good idea to finally figure out what sort of range is available on reserve.

Using standard 87-grade pump gas, mixed riding.

140.3 - reserve light came on (+10 more miles since PCIII install)
177.7 - bike started stumbling (had a little more left in it I think, but not much, maybe 1-2 miles or so max)
--------
37.4 miles ridden on reserve

Any questions?

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
Yeah, why'd it take so long for someone to come up with such a simple yet ingenious idea?

Thanks for the intel bro.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
yeah, what chain said.........  

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmm... the last 30 miles were mostly highway, so around 60-70mph. The last 10 miles were all highway, at ~70/75mph, all in top gear.

BTW, I ran out on the highway, thus I couldn't risk bucking the bike any further to see if it would go the additional theoretical 1-2 miles; wasn't gonna get creamed, had to worry about posting this thread, you know

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sure

I figured some of you might be interested in knowing what that mysterious '0.9' gallons was good for

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
Thanks, but for us metric types can you now go out and put litres in, rather than gallons and also ride klms rather than miles

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ratter1 : Thanks, but for us metric types can you now go out and put litres in, rather than gallons and also ride klms rather than miles
Doh!

Looks like I'll have to do it again

·
Registered
692 Posts
Hi!
I'm really amazed by the poor fuel consumption everybody seem to end up with here.

Here are my numbers: When I use my bike for getting me to work and back home (about 14km's each way) and a bit of fun in the afternoons I typically get 230-250km's before the reserve light comes on.

When I go on longer rides in the weekends following the posted limits through suburbs and small villages and opening up a bit when I feel safe/the roads allow it i usually go 300km's before the reserve light comes on. My 01 929 is bone stock with the exception of my Akra bolt-on pipe.

I haven't done any track work yet, so I can't tell you anything about km's/l when on track.

·
Registered
692 Posts
That sounds a bit more like the numbers i'm getting... Nice to know that i'm not the only one riding like a pu$$y

(no chicken strips, and my tires don't last longer than normal)

??

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
175 mi? 175 Km is about all I get. And I have chicken strips. Not comfortable to rubbing them out on local streets. 1 15 minute track session after warm up is pretty much all I need to killing the little Michelin man. But on streets, I'm a wuss.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts