Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my bike with a custom Ram Air
and a HTEV replacement part
(and a tuned up rapid bike ECU)
HP gain of 11 hp and 10 % more torque
runs very well

What other mods are out the for the 954 RR??

2.JPG

6.JPG

3.JPG

1.JPG

4.JPG

·
Registered
737 Posts
I got a whole slew of mods done to mine but before I answer your question what are you trying to accomplish with the bike?

Just performance (increased hp?)
Want better suspension?
Braking?

What kind of riding do you normally do?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my riding is normaly on mountain open roads
with both fast and slow corners
i'm not only interested on HP
but rather a linear motor running

I also have on my bike somo other goods
some mechanical, and some only improve the
style of the bike, and they are:

KN air filter
slipper clutch
+2 rear sprocket
blue color chain (530)
steering damper
raised footpegs
integrated rear brake ligths and turn signals
custom paint job (camel replica)
goodridge brake lines (blue)
Brake and clutch levers (with a joint to bend)
brembo radial brake master cylinder
and other custom made mods

5.JPG

8.JPG

So i'm happy with my bike as it is
but i'm always looking to improve it in some areas
(from now on, mostly handling)
i didn't did anything yet to the suspensions

so, whats your advice??

·
Registered
127 Posts
Most of that gain you netted on the dyno was probably due to eliminating the HTEV, not from the ram air... especially since on a dyno you can't get the ram air effect.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Most of that gain you netted on the dyno was probably due to eliminating the HTEV, not from the ram air... especially since on a dyno you can't get the ram air effect.
Says who? Eddie brake, inersha (sp?) driven dynos (Dynojet 250i) have speed variable fans. 25% brake on the drum will also simulate your bike on the actual open road. You can get pretty exact with the newer dynos.

·
Registered
737 Posts
my riding is normaly on mountain open roads
with both fast and slow corners
i'm not only interested on HP
but rather a linear motor running

I also have on my bike somo other goods
some mechanical, and some only improve the
style of the bike, and they are:

KN air filter
slipper clutch
+2 rear sprocket
blue color chain (530)
steering damper
raised footpegs
integrated rear brake ligths and turn signals
custom paint job (camel replica)
goodridge brake lines (blue)
Brake and clutch levers (with a joint to bend)
brembo radial brake master cylinder
and other custom made mods

View attachment 39935

View attachment 39936

So i'm happy with my bike as it is
but i'm always looking to improve it in some areas
(from now on, mostly handling)
i didn't did anything yet to the suspensions

so, whats your advice??
I'd go with suspension upgrades ....

new fully adjustable rear shock (Ohlins, Penske, Elka, fox ect ect)

Replacment upgrade forks are nice but very pricy. You can do a complete Race Tech gold valve kit with new springs and heavier oil on your stock forks.

Upgrade your rotors .... Wave rotors ROCK!!

Lighter wheels with new bearings

These come to mind first but it really depends on your budget vs. what you are trying to acomplish.

I don't see anything listed about your exhaust .. what have you done there? Oh yeah .. get rid of the POS K&N air filter and get a BMC Race air filter.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Says who? Eddie brake, inersha (sp?) driven dynos (Dynojet 250i) have speed variable fans. 25% brake on the drum will also simulate your bike on the actual open road. You can get pretty exact with the newer dynos.
If that were the type of dyno used that would be one thing. Even then, 'ram air' was never so simple as running tubes to the airbox - when Kawi was doing it with the zx's in the late 90's early 00's they had to do a lot of testing with airbox shape and such to get it to have any positive effects and it only then provided noticeable gains at high speeds. A set of snorkels run to an airbox that is not shaped with ram air in mind? Not trying to be a spoil-sport but I'm not a believer. I've done enough aero work with cars to know how precise things must be to have positive effects when dealing with airflow.

·
Registered
737 Posts
If that were the type of dyno used that would be one thing. Even then, 'ram air' was never so simple as running tubes to the airbox - when Kawi was doing it with the zx's in the late 90's early 00's they had to do a lot of testing with airbox shape and such to get it to have any positive effects and it only then provided noticeable gains at high speeds. A set of snorkels run to an airbox that is not shaped with ram air in mind? Not trying to be a spoil-sport but I'm not a believer. I've done enough aero work with cars to know how precise things must be to have positive effects when dealing with airflow.
That I will agree with. I don't imagine the ram air system he has gave him much in the tune though I'm sure it was something. It is however a neat little, not often seen mode that makes his bike unique! The only one I'm pretty sure that gave the 954 any real gains was the hotboies carbon fiber airbox which was designed for the bike when it was run in AMA.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts