Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Please contact me if you see this bike, or parts that may be from it if you are in San Diego.

####ERS :mad

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
########!! THE THING LOOKS BRAND NEW!! Terrible luck man. sorry to hear. did you have insurance? watch ebay.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
That sucks, man.
Do you have a VIN #? Unfortunately, I see 'your' bike almost everyday. Any distinguishing marks that folks should look for?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I have no stickers on my bike so that should make it stand out a little more. The corbin seat and seat cowl make it have a little more nonstock look. The matris m4 damper is pretty rare too. It also has Phillips H7 Vision Plus bulbs, which are really easy to spot from stock. They are WAY brighter and much whiter. It has yellow dealertags from Hayard of Honda / Suzuki. No rear blinkers, I stripped them of. Its just the plate attatched to the undertail.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
immortal : Well, I have no stickers on my bike so that should make it stand out a little more. The corbin seat and seat cowl make it have a little more nonstock look. The matris m4 damper is pretty rare too. It also has Phillips H7 Vision Plus bulbs, which are really easy to spot from stock. They are WAY brighter and much whiter. It has yellow dealertags from Hayard of Honda / Suzuki. No rear blinkers, I stripped them of. Its just the plate attatched to the undertail.
I wasn't pickin on ya...just trying to comment on the fact that most 929/954's look the same (no matter the mods) unless there is some custom paint work involved.

Wish you luck on the recovery effort.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Just curious, your bike gets jacked and you immediately put all your near new gear for sale, what gives? Best of luck to you.

J

·
Registered
148 Posts
fumbducker : Just curious, your bike gets jacked and you immediately put all your near new gear for sale, what gives? Best of luck to you.

J
I understand exactly how he feels.

1- If immortal does get the 54 back, it will most likely be in sad shape. Nothing worse than taking back a raped bike.

2- Chances are high that the bike is already stripped and parts are being traded/sold as we speak. Why go through the same possibility with a new bike, not to mention the increases in insurance costs due to the theft.

I am not speaking for immortal, he can do that himself, but if it were me in his shoes, I think I would do the same and move on.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
No offense, but move on to??

Gonna quit riding because of some ####stick? Sorry, just kinda hating me fellow man right now...

As I said earlier, best of luck to you.

J

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Ninefiftyfour,
I see you both have removed the decals and your bikes look exactly the same...fvck, now I'm sounding like detective chain...rain must stop...must go riding...rain must stop...must go riding...I call bullshirt...must go riding...rain must stop...

·
Registered
755 Posts
immortal,sorry to hear about your bike hope they catch the mofo's.Also have a comment for fumducker,I ride in the rain,commute year around and I expect you to do the same,of coure I do live in cali.Let me know,I can give some helpful hints for rain rides,most of which I learned the dumb way.I work harder not smarter.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Sorry to hear Immortal

It'll be a year in September since I had mine stolen, and I still eye every new 954 that I see suspiciously, and still check out eBay... all to no avail.

Good luck...

·
Registered
170 Posts
Bummer!
I would be even more depressed than I already am if mine was stolen.
Does any one know what the recovery rate is on our type of bike. I have seen lots stolen but none recovered.
Bummer!

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
jafo : Also have a comment for fumducker,I ride in the rain,commute year around and I expect you to do the same,of coure I do live in cali.Let me know,I can give some helpful hints for rain rides,most of which I learned the dumb way.I work harder not smarter.
Jafo...You expect me to do the same? Hope you don't feel too let down if I don't. I don't ride in the rain if at all possible...My 'blade is a bike, not a jetski. As far as riding year 'round, you have some snow riding tips?

Have a great day.

J

Immortal, any word on the bike?(fingers crossed).

·
Registered
554 Posts
BASTARDS, wish we could catch 'em!!!! (before the law gets there!&#33

Immortal.......post your vin#...........you never know, it may help. Your 954 is probably in parts by now, but you never
know.......someone on this site may stumble across something suspicious, and a vin # would help.

We will all be keeping an eye out. Sorry for what happened.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
VIN # JH2SC50193M100592

Something that might catch someones eye is this :

its (the alternator cover) the only blemished part on the bike, unless they damaged it more stealing it.

the front orange reflectors on the wheel fender have been removed. the rear red reflectors have also been removed. the undertail looks like this with these tags :

there are no stickers on the swingarm or chainguard. there are two or three small 1' white scratches on the seat cowl. about as thin as a hair, but you can see them up close. the windscreen is a lockhart phillips v2 dark smoked. the damper is a matris m4, pretty rare damper in these areas. the phillips bulbs should make it stand out. it is missing one fairing bolt up in the front on top, underneath the left handlebar.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
mmeacham : Bummer!
I would be even more depressed than I already am if mine was stolen.
Does any one know what the recovery rate is on our type of bike. I have seen lots stolen but none recovered.
Bummer!
My first 929 was recovered 3 months after theft. I had already gotten my insurance check and bought another 929. The thieves didn't part it out on e-bay like I thought they would. Just spray painted the entire thing including the frame and engine. Chiseled off every VIN except the most obvious one on the side of the frame. They crashed it a few times and did a bunch of burn outs to wear the rear down to the cords and then dumped it in a court some where. I didn't even go look at it.....

How could some one do such a thing to such a beautiful machine. No respect at all. I would have rather gotten the bike back and let them go instead of see the thing destroyed like that. Ride it, rub it with a diaper and give it back. Better than wrecking it.

-Shrub

·
Registered
84 Posts
immortal:

any details on what happened?  my first 954 got stolen exactly one month after i bought it right out of a parking garage  did you have theft insurance?

kinda strange you are already selling all your gear, why not get the insuance check and buy another bike?  i remember reading on another board not to long ago how into riding you were, doing 150+ at night, canyon carving, etc.  did you lose that feeling or what?

·
Registered
595 Posts
That really sucks! I could only imagine how sh1tty I would feel if it were my new bike that got swiped. Best of luck to you man, but the odds are against you.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i have insurance. i'm moving out of san diego and buying a cheap car. i'll get a bike when i have a home with a garage. i'll be riding in a couple of years

1 - 20 of 20 Posts