Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
just picked up a beat up 954 that i'm tying to bring back to life, and i've never worked with servo motors before.

when you turn on the ignition/fuel-pump, the servo motor goes "buzzzzzzzzzzzz", but it does not stop. (i used to think it's the fuel pump)

if i open the silver cover on the exhaust valves, and turn the nut using a 10mm socket all the way to the right, (which i'm guessing opens the valve) the buzzing stops.

i've already researched the forum, and no there are no rocks in the mid-pipe. i also tried disconnecting the cables from the bottom to see if they move without being connected...they do NOT.

does this mean the servo motor is bad? :idunno:

i'm gonna go @ it with a volt-meter tomorrow, but until then, any info/input would help.

p.s. this bike was t-boned, no known previous mechanical issues.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
if i open the silver cover on the exhaust valves, and turn the nut using a 10mm socket all the way to the right, (which i'm guessing opens the valve) the buzzing stops.

i've already researched the forum, and no there are no rocks in the mid-pipe. i also tried disconnecting the cables from the bottom to see if they move without being connected...they do NOT.

does this mean the servo motor is bad? :idunno:
I would think the servo gears are stripped.
Take the top off the servo motor and have a look.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mr. bladeracer...

you were right...as soon as i opened it i saw little white pieces scattered everywhere...can't believe honda made this stuff out of plastic....weird.

anyway, replaced it with another servo...jesus christ it took me 2 hours to figure out the order of the cables and to hook everything back up.

thanks for your help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts