Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 954 is running a little rough due to a car wash, long story, i'm already taking a beating over it. Anyway, I need to put in new plugs. I stop at Cycle Gear, the plugs for my bike are $17.99 states the sales person, cool, $18.00 for four of them is GREAT. 'no, sir that is EACH', he tells me, my riding buddies pick me off the floor and I say 'you're kidding, right?'. Needless to say, I pass on that one and head the local dealership. $15.00 each he states, I say 'no, what's MY price, i'm not paying retail'. He talks to the parts manager, and the jackoff 'parts boy' tells me 'sorry, no discount on plugs.' Well, they lost a customer and the 5 or so guys I ride with will NEVER go there either.

I'm looking for the NGK IMR9C-9H, sparkplugs.com has them for $11.00 each. Still, I feel as if I am taking it right in the ass and haven't been kissed yet. Does anyone else know of a cheaper place? A better (cheaper) plug?

Tank

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I was just out at SPARKPLUGS.COM, does anyone have a promotional/coupon code I could use? They have a field for checkout and wondered if anyone would mind sharing it with me.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Damn, Tank with all your money should be buying four or five sets of plugs!!!!

Rick

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
damn, nothing like getting bent the phuck over!

BTW how often should one change the spark plugs?

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
They recommend changing them every 8000 miles, and yes, they are that expensive, as they're the iridium plugs. I think some folks haven't changed them that often, and the bike still runs fine.

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
Wasn't there a thread on the old forum about this, and someone posted about a mail order place where the iridium plugs were like 7$ or 8$??

·
Registered
453 Posts
almost 12000 miles on my plugs and bike runs like new ... it will have to get alot worse before i go pulling plugs

do bikes go through 10 sets of plugs to 1 set on a car?

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
K9inAZ : Damn, Tank with all your money should be buying four or five sets of plugs!!!!  

Rick
Yeah K9, I start fires with $50's, save the $100 bill for the expensive cigars!

If someone can remember the place that has them for $7 or $8, let me know as I'm gonna' order them tomorrow.

Tank

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
I was thinking it was one of the Hondagals, but then again I am experiencing the onset of Alzheimer's, so I could be totally wrong. Have you done a thorough net search?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts