Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 and wanna switch my sprockets up. I know you will lose abit of top end no matter what, but I want more acceleration without losing too much top end. I also want to be able to keep my factory chain on there, so in other words I wanna do it cheap.

Suggestions? Oh ya...can you kill the limiter somehow too? My bike tops out at 264KM....I thought it could do more then that...I also have a PCIII.

Hellfire666

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Go 2 up on the rear, you will gain accel and not have a buzzy bike. The MOST should be +3 rear or -1 front. What limiter are you talking about? Rev limiter? No reason to rev this bike any higher.

·
Registered
19 Posts
CBRBob said:
Go 2 up on the rear, you will gain accel and not have a buzzy bike. The MOST should be +3 rear or -1 front. What limiter are you talking about? Rev limiter? No reason to rev this bike any higher.
What is a good combo for sprockets, i think the stock 954 is a 43 in rear?? I want to do a chain and sprockets for more low end power, is it good for a 15,44? any help is appreciated. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
BFREE30 said:
What is a good combo for sprockets, i think the stock 954 is a 43 in rear?? I want to do a chain and sprockets for more low end power, is it good for a 15,44? any help is appreciated. :thumb:
Stock front, go 2 up on the rear, you will gain accel and not have a buzzy bike. The MOST should be +3 rear or -1 front. :thumb:

·
Registered
386 Posts
I can't believe anyone would want one of these things faster? I lose alot of power being at a higher altitude and it makes brown touch cloth when I open it up. Your crazy man. :smilebig:

·
Registered
422 Posts
BFREE30 said:
That is the gearing that was on my bike for racing until i sold them. Its not a good combo for streat riding as you wont be able to keep the front end down under hard accel... I would stay with a 16 front and maybe go 1 or 2 up on the back :thumb:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts