Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i got my stem bearings in! buuuuut.... they are jsut the bearings and the race.. HERE this is what i got.

But i think i should have got a set with dust seals no? as looking threw the manual, and other ebarings online they all come with replacment dust seals....

Anyone ahve any info on this for me?
Or might have sum dust seals kickn around?:eyebrows:

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Ok i got my stem bearings in! buuuuut.... they are jsut the bearings and the race.. HERE this is what i got.

But i think i should have got a set with dust seals no? as looking threw the manual, and other ebarings online they all come with replacment dust seals....

Anyone ahve any info on this for me?
Or might have sum dust seals kickn around?:eyebrows:
Just use your old dust seals.
If you've already pressed the lower bearing onto the stem though you won't be able to get a seal over it.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just use your old dust seals.
If you've already pressed the lower bearing onto the stem though you won't be able to get a seal over it.

Havent pulled them out yet, just was asking before i do anything, as i was looking at the diagrams in the manual... and i was like SH*T no seals.

They are shot!!! steering feels like an ex! or a HOT DOG DOWN A HALL WAY! lol alot of movement in there!

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

·
Registered
32 Posts
is there any advantage/disadvantage to using this type of bearing over the stock setup. I have heard rumors about a steering bearing swap on the 954 to make it a little more mild feeling? something about going back to the 929 style bearing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts