Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need an EGCV for my exhaust for it to work. What's the best way to go about getting one of these. I don't know naything about it so should I have my mechanic install the whole exhaust system for me?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,302 Posts
FHL said:
I need an EGCV for my exhaust for it to work. What's the best way to go about getting one of these. I don't know naything about it so should I have my mechanic install the whole exhaust system for me?
what the hell are you talking about?
:huh:

You mean HTEV? the valve on the exhaust collector?
..or your FI light is just blinking?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It said EGCV in my service manual. Yeah what I need is an HTEV. How should I get one and should I get it installed?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,302 Posts
It is a piece that exists on the stock honda exhaust system after the header and before the exhaust.

Your bike will run with it, just not optimally. Most folks with full systems have to lose the HTEV when they put on their full system, an HTEV cannot be added to an aftermarket system (reasonably). Might lose a bit on the bottom end and some fuel efficiency if you do not have an HTEV.

If you have a full stock system and do not have an HTEV on it :huh: you will need one to connect the pieces of the exhaust with one another. It goes under the bike somewhere afore the oil pan right after the collector. has some cables and junk going to it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,773 Posts
SomeStrangeGuy said:
It is a piece that exists on the stock honda exhaust system after the header and before the exhaust.

Your bike will run with it, just not optimally. Most folks with full systems have to lose the HTEV when they put on their full system, an HTEV cannot be added to an aftermarket system (reasonably). Might lose a bit on the bottom end and some fuel efficiency if you do not have an HTEV.

If you have a full stock system and do not have an HTEV on it :huh: you will need one to connect the pieces of the exhaust with one another. It goes under the bike somewhere afore the oil pan right after the collector. has some cables and junk going to it.
or just get an HTEV eliminator and not have to worry about hooking up cables. I think a little info is still missing, FHL do you have the rest of the stock exhaust, is your HTEV broken, do you have a full exhuast, its gotta be one of those 3 I assume.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,302 Posts
CBR929RE said:
or just get an HTEV eliminator and not have to worry about hooking up cables.
you mean the sensor piece to eliminate the FI light? You could just disconnect the cables and make sure you don't touch the sensor (I did) if that was the case too.

I just have no idea where the problem exists here, and it's already 5 posts old...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The whole exhaust is there, the HTEV valve is there too, it just has 4 bolts and nothing on it. I really want it on the bike cause I can tell now that I took my PCIII off my Arata it's going to run like shit in the bottom end without it. I didn't really much like the power band of the Arata exhaust anyway I'd rather have the low end of the stock exhaust.

I'm just asking should I get oem parts from my mechanic and have him install it since I have no clue where to put the wires, or try to buy one off ebay first.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
712 Posts
I'm still confused :huh: This is the wierdest post I've seen on the .org yet. Now I appreciate Chain's verbose, yet unambiguous posts.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,302 Posts
FHL said:
The whole exhaust is there, the HTEV valve is there too, it just has 4 bolts and nothing on it. I really want it on the bike cause I can tell now that I took my PCIII off my Arata it's going to run like shit in the bottom end without it. I didn't really much like the power band of the Arata exhaust anyway I'd rather have the low end of the stock exhaust.

I'm just asking should I get oem parts from my mechanic and have him install it since I have no clue where to put the wires, or try to buy one off ebay first.
ok...so it sounds like the whole stock exhaust is there? and the HTEV is maybe missing a pulley?

Id say skip the OEM thing and look for something off ebay...that part is like 300$ from a dealer I think, maybe more.

But...the arata is entirely off, or you have an arata slip on on the OEM pipe?

am I remotely with the program here?
am I helping?
am I evil?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
SomeStrangeGuy said:
ok...so it sounds like the whole stock exhaust is there? and the HTEV is maybe missing a pulley?

Id say skip the OEM thing and look for something off ebay...that part is like 300$ from a dealer I think, maybe more.

But...the arata is entirely off, or you have an arata slip on on the OEM pipe?

am I remotely with the program here?
am I helping?
am I evil?
Yes I am...

It's the full exhaust let me take a picture and get back to you in a couple of minutes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My brother took it I guess. Anyway, the midpiece between the header and midpipe is there but there's just a hole with the motor would normally be.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Does anyone have one that I could buy off them if they replaced their stock system with a full exhaust?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
712 Posts
You can buy one really cheap on ebay. I'm keeping mine because I still have 2 years of warranty left. (in case I need to slap that sucker back on.)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,302 Posts
Now it makes sense..damn, thats a funky part to describe mang...when you said 4 holes I thought you were referring to the two pieces of the exhaust meet.

Yeah 929/954 have the same load pulley I think. The actuator for that part resides up top, all that should be down there is a little wheel and cables and junk.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,773 Posts
SomeStrangeGuy said:
you mean the sensor piece to eliminate the FI light? You could just disconnect the cables and make sure you don't touch the sensor (I did) if that was the case too.

I just have no idea where the problem exists here, and it's already 5 posts old...
I was thinking about just taking the whole HTEV contraption out and putting in something like a Hass HTEV eliminator or one from another company.

but it looks like this has finally been cleared up. I don't think you'll find that one piece on ebay, it'll be the whole piece of the pipe there with it, might have to go with the whole thing if its cheap. will honda just sell that one piece that you need?
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top