Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm considering converting my 02 954 to a streetfighter for better ergonomics. i assume that means converting to MX bars as i suspect helibars aren't enough of a rise. don't want wild styling. wondering if anyone here has done a conversion. how much effort involved in hiding wiring? did you use stock tank? is there a cheap replacement tank i could use instead (in case i sell the tank with the plastic)? headlight and tail kits you'd recommend? any shops in NC that do this sort of modest conversion? thanks,

backmarker

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
one more thing - what's resale value for the full stock plastic? its 02 silver/blk, nearly showroom condition. value with tank also?

thanks, backmarker

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
Full set with a tank around $1500 give or take assuming mint condition. The only company I have seen make mx bars for the CBR's was a european company, IIRC it was about $40 for the new tripple clamp and bars. Of course you would have to probaly replace all your cables as well. Your right, Helis wont do much. I have never seen a 929/954 street fighter, but I think it would look good, I like the look of my 929 with the plastic off.

·
Banned
20 Posts
Full set with a tank around $1500 give or take assuming mint condition. The only company I have seen make mx bars for the CBR's was a european company, IIRC it was about $40 for the new tripple clamp and bars. Of course you would have to probaly replace all your cables as well. Your right, Helis wont do much. I have never seen a 929/954 street fighter, but I think it would look good, I like the look of my 929 with the plastic off.

I know this is wicked old but i found it on google and i have to know, What company are you talking about??? if you could get me a phone number or website thatd be great but ive looked for this company and found nothing, hopefully some1 sees this and knos what hes talkin about cuz itd help me out, thanks!:idunno: :welcome:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts