Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks man I was just seeing what options I had because I'm rebuilding the motor this winter

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
you gonna get the stock crank stroked by falicon (or someone similar)? if you do let me know how much they want to do the work.

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
Why don't you just call and ask them yourself?

because you have to print out some order selection sheet then fill it out and fax it to them so they can fax it back (I think they fax it back rather than calling). I'm not really in a hurry to get it done.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
they said $1000 to stroke it 4mm and balance it the only problem I've found is that I can't find anyone to make the rods for it

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
they said $1000 to stroke it 4mm and balance it the only problem I've found is that I can't find anyone to make the rods for it

Falicon can't make some of their kniferod rods work for it?

maybe give Erion a call and see what they say. they ran a stroker motor in the 929 FX bike

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
falicon said they couldn't make them and erion uses a piston when they stroke it,the only problem I've herd when you do a piston instead of a rod is that it puts extra wear on the bearings

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
falicon said they couldn't make them and erion uses a piston when they stroke it,the only problem I've herd when you do a piston instead of a rod is that it puts extra wear on the bearings
I'm a little tired right now, but wouldn't using a piston keep the rod angle exactly the same? And wouldn't shaving or altering the crank and or shortening the rod cause the angle to be more severe? I'm pretty sure I'm right, but like I said, I'm tired.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
when I talked to falicon they said it would be better to use a rod then a piston and I talked to corillo today, they wanted like $400 per rod I just don't know if I want to send that kind of money for the amount of gain

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
Still tired. If you use a rod to stroke the engine, do you not need a piston with the wrist pin relocated higher up on the piston? Or the piston dome shaved?

edit, Wait, I think I mean lower on the piston. I think I'd better draw it out so I can get it straight.:bonk:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
if you use a rod you can keep your stock pistons in it, at least thats what I was told

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
ok explain to me why you need a new rod when using a stroker crank. and does it have to be longer or shorter?

·
Registered
998 Posts
You will actually need a shorter rod or piston with a higher pin height..

Think about it, you are increasing the stroke by offset grinding the big end journals, a 4mm stroker crank is offset ground 2mm, therefore the rod and piston will travel up a an extra 2mm and also down an extra 2mm (a total of 4mm stroke increase) To stop the piston from getting intimate with the head you will either need a rod that is 2mm shorter or a piston with a pin height that is 2mm higher or a combination of the two that is 2mm lower :D

·
Registered
98 Posts
unless of course the balde has a (very) non-interference fit with the head.. bit thats unlikely..

am i missing the point (...) or is what you're tryin to do is keep the bore the same & increase the stroke?

man buy a gixer thou !!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts