Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

My 954 shuts off in a split second and comes back on, and accelerates fine... and it only does it in 2nd gear... pretty annoying when overtaking (and dangerous) no lights/warnings comes on.
Maby sidestand og clutch??

some ideas??

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Hi Guys

My 954 shuts off in a split second and comes back on, and accelerates fine... and it only does it in 2nd gear... pretty annoying when overtaking (and dangerous) no lights/warnings comes on.
Maby sidestand og clutch??

some ideas??

Are you losing your instruments when it happens?
It could be a loose connector perhaps but I would think it'd happen in first as well if that were the case.
Try bypassing the kill switch and see if that helps.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi... No, my instruments stay on, and is defently only in 2nd gear, and it's in both low and hi rev's and lov and full throtle... i was thinking that it may be something to do with my GI pro gear indikator... If it is my kill switch, then the fuel pump whould go off and on, and it would take more than a split second.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Hi... No, my instruments stay on, and is defently only in 2nd gear, and it's in both low and hi rev's and lov and full throtle... i was thinking that it may be something to do with my GI pro gear indikator... If it is my kill switch, then the fuel pump whould go off and on, and it would take more than a split second.
Try disconnecting the gear indicator.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It did not work.....unfortunately. i'm a bit lost,

because I have searched all topics in here and on the net that is

similar to my problem.....

The thing that i don't understad at all, is that it only is in 2'nd gear...

thanks anyway

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
It did not work.....unfortunately. i'm a bit lost,

because I have searched all topics in here and on the net that is

similar to my problem.....

The thing that i don't understad at all, is that it only is in 2'nd gear...

thanks anyway
I can only guess is something loose that is just moving enough to cause a problem under heavy G-load. You could try running the bike as you go through the entire harness wiggling it about trying to get it to cut out.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Sounds familiar to the issue I had with fuel filter and rust in the tank. It didn't miss at all, the whole engine just died for a very brief moment then took off again. It appeared mainly in second gear because that was when it was under load the most.

Do you know the history of the bike?
I didn't know the history of mine, and decided to just rip the tank off an have a look. Lots of rust in the tank. Tipped the filter upside down and the fuel was a dark brown with little rust pieces coming out. It's not an overly expensive or difficult excercise either, providing the tank is fairly low.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts