Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanna say ive recently had my 954 suspension serviced and upgraded by MCT Suspension in stowmarket suffolk. She has 20,000 miles on the clock and had a leaking seal. They fixed the seal, changed the oil for better stuff and changed the springs to suit my weight. All in all a superb job and simply unbelieveable how much better it is. It was good anyway, pre leak, but now its astonishing! Very recomended. :thumb:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was £235 and that was with an optional £65 set of springs fitted to suit my weight. ( 14st ) I am in the process of having the shock done at the moment as i dont have the facilities to do both at the same time. The shock is £90 all done for a full overhaul and like the front it is finished better than new cos of better oil and that. Check out their website www.mctsuspension.com. I posted my forks and shock to them £18 for the forks and £10 for the shock.

·
Registered
777 Posts
I've heard alot of good things about the guys at MCT, Quite a few of the people on the EOEB forum have used them to set their bikes up.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my mistake, the shock was £120 delivered. i didnt add VAT or postage.
bike all back together and waiting for some sunshine!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just rung up and booked my 954 in with MCT today... having to wait until 13th June until they can do it due to the time of year.
But would you advice having the rear shock overhauled as well or just springs, oil and set up?
Did they put ohlins linear springs in yours, or their own springs?
How does it make a difference to the handling, is it more neutral, stable, precise, than standard on the 954?
I have never had a bikes suspension set up before, but after reading great reports about MCT I figured its about time.
Cheers

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Still waiting for good weather to try both forks and shock together so i will post again when ive had a proper test. I did both of them together so they are both at the same stage. It was their springs they put in as advised by them. As for the handling ( just forks ) bumps that were there are so ironed out they seem not there at all and its sooooo smooth yet utterly planted and very surefooted even with the shock before sorting. As a comparison to before it was done the best way to describe it is imagine everything good is magnified and theres no bad! It was very good before having this done but simply a different league now.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Been out this weekend and can say the suspension is working brilliantly. Everything as i said b4 plus its now working better together. Very happy!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts