Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard a few people have done this, i was wondering what the advantages or doing it are, and how much work/modification is involved.
Cheers

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
I have heard a few people have done this, i was wondering what the advantages or doing it are, and how much work/modification is involved.
Cheers
I think the main advantage is to get the swingarm level for race stand usage.
The 954 swingarm is claimed to be around 220gms lighter but I've never seen actual weights posted anywhere.
Most do it for the look of the right side I think.
As far as I know there are no mods required, it just bolts in?

·
Registered
136 Posts
It doesn't just bolt in. You have to mix and match 929 and 954 parts to make it work correctly. I have done this swap and have a detailed thread on another site. Is it OK to post a link?

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
It doesn't just bolt in. You have to mix and match 929 and 954 parts to make it work correctly. I have done this swap and have a detailed thread on another site. Is it OK to post a link?
Sure, unless it's a site that requires registration to be able to read it or view any attachments.
It's probably better to simply cut and paste it here though.
Mixing and matching 929/954 parts is not what I would call difficult since putting a 954 swingarm on a 929 is doing exactly that anyway.
If you need to actually modify any of the parts or use parts from another bike altogether that would be more of a problem for many people.

·
Registered
179 Posts
i have the link that goes from the shock to the arm for a 954 if anybodys interested. not saying, just saying. i also have 2 954 arms..

·
Registered
136 Posts
No modification needed to any of the parts.

Here is what all I used.
\

1. 954 Swingarm

2. 954 Linkage (triangular piece)

3. 954 Rear brake holder

4. 954 Chain Slider

5. 954 Right Side Collar

6. 954 Right side Inner Bearing (all other bearings and seals are the same part #'s)

7. 929 Dogbone

8. 929 Rear Shock

9. The chain gaurds are the same but you can get a hugger.

10. 954 brake line clamps.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Awesome cheers throttle jockey :D That is exactly what i needed.

by the way you have a erion system? are you happy with it? I am looking at getting one.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I used to have the Erion exhaust, just the half system. I loved the way it sounded. probably the best I've heard. I crashed it and replaced it with some stunter shortened muffler that sounds good. Now I'm just gonna use my turbo as the muffler. It sounds like a lawn mower at idle, but mean as he!l at high RPM's!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts