Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This part is identical to the other tag bracket I make except it has tabs for mounting aftermarket turn signals. After the mud flap is removed the bracket bolts up to the hole previously used by the reflector.

I make it from .090 5052 aluminum sheet. Finish is black powdercoat. All needed hardware is provided in stainless steel. Tag bolts are button head allens and all hex nuts are nylon locking.

I do not supply turn signals with this kit. They are shown for reference only.

The price for the bracket is $35 plus $4.50 for USPS Priority shipping. PayPal payment or questions can be sent here. [email protected]

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hmm. Not getting much action here. How 'bout we try this.

The first member to reply to this thread gets one free if you meet these contions.

You must currently own a 954RR. :poke: You must install it ASAP. You agree to post your evaluation of the product here.

To get it you must post here. No PM's!

·
Registered
12,126 Posts
eeeeek said:
I see one problem with that product: It leaves no provision to mount a light for the plate.
That was discussed here:

http://www.fireblades.org/forums/showthread.php?t=24984

You can use the Lite Boltz product, or something similar if you must have lights. I've ran many bikes, many miles in NC and never got stopped for not having a light on the tag anyway. :idunno: If a police car is behind you at night, his headlights are going to light up the tag anyway. And even the OEM tag light doesn't put off THAT much light.

·
Registered
270 Posts
It's not a question of how much light is on the plate, it's a matter of not giving the CHP a reason to pull me over. I've been pulled over for not have white light illuminating my plate (previous bike).

This is the reason that I made my own bracket that incorporates the stock tag light. I would have rather just bought a bracket; but, no one made one that fit my needs for a decent price. I couldn't see paying $200 for an undertail kit when all you need to do is simply unbolt the mudflap and then mount up a bracket for the tag.

Having made my own, I would still prefer a beefier one. With the tools I have, I was pretty much limited to working with fairly thin sheet metal.

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
FWIW, the stock brake light housing for the Euro 929 models has a clear panel on the underneath side that is used to illuminate the tag (I ordered one from a UK Honda dealer).

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
Red Rider said:
FWIW, the stock brake light housing for the Euro 929 models has a clear panel on the underneath side that is used to illuminate the tag (I ordered one from a UK Honda dealer).
...and promptly covered it with black tape because baby hasn't been on the street for YEARS!!

:rotfl: :rotfl:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
And the weiner is...

fumbducker said:
Like this? :smilebig: J
Yep, like that. PM me your shipping info.

Red Rider said:
That sounds like the hot set up. What kind of $ are we talking with the overseas shipping?

I never saw this but someone was telling me they drilled a hole in the taillight housing from the backside and stuck a small white light (or two)inside that shinned through the taillight lens onto the tag.

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
ConqSoft said:
Red Rider is talking about a 929. Your bracket is only for the 954 isn't it? (And the 954 has the LED tailight, so no go there. :( )
Oops...Conq is right. I was talking about my 929 and didn't realize you were asking about the LED setup for 954's.

FWIW, I can't remember the exact amount I paid but I seem to recall it wasn't cheap (around $100?). CBRVFR...you should know about the black tape cuz' you were always behind me! :moon: ;)

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I received my Moto-Fab plate bracket yesterday afternoon and was immediately impressed with the finish on the product, nary a single scratch or blemish. The bracket is stout, lightweight, and professionally fabricated. Also impressive was the care taken with packaging the product.

The bracket came with the necessary hardware for installation and well-written instructions. Install was a snap with only one machine screw, a pair of washers, and a nut. As an aside and because I tend to overbuild everything, I would have liked to seen a dimple on the bracket that coincides with one of the reflector alignment holes to make the bracket less likely to rotate off center. I just added a piece of mounting tape between the bracket and the reflector mount. I also liked that all the hardware is stainless and the nuts all nylon locking.

With the bracket installed and the plate mounted, it certainly looks better that bolting the plate to the remnants of a hacked mud flap plus the plate is mounted vertically and readable from behind. The loss of the license plate light is of no consequence to me.

My only complaint is that with the mud flap completely removed and the new plate bracket installed, the mounts for the original turn signals stand out like a sore thumb…Perhaps with short stalks mounted this will become less of an annoyance.

While the Moto-Fab plate bracket does not look as clean as a trick under tail, it gets rid of the ugly mud flap just as well and for a whole lot less coin and looks so much better a hacked up mud flap or some home-made brackets I have seen.

Conclusion: The Moto-Fab plate bracket does a decent job of cleaning up the tail on the 954 at a pretty reasonable price. :thumb: :thumb:

J

·
Registered
107 Posts
Im interested in this bracket...Does it come with those short stalks? :idunno:

·
Registered
107 Posts
ConqSoft said:
He's in Palm Beach, FL. They got hit pretty bad by the storms... Might be the reason for a delay...

I just talked to him...Snail mail to FL is REALLY snail mail...He is doin fine he says and will send my bracket out tomorrow!

Thanks Ted. Cant wait! :thumb:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts