Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 929, about to buy a 954 tank from Glory452... I am well aware the 954 subframe is way different than the 929's along with the different rear tank mount... however, I'm bound to make it happen.

The 954 tank is probably the best looking sport bike tank out there to date. I'm not a big fan of the plastic covered fuel cells.

Anyway, has anyone done it before? Just wondering if I can use the 954 fuel pump and of course any other info on the swap... I didn't see any threads on it here (or online).

Might look something like this (bottom pic). Obviously I'd think of something like mesh grate for the big gap by the bottom of the tank... and of course take advantage of the bigger intake relief on the 954 tank and create new intake and covers:thumb:

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
I have a 929, about to buy a 954 tank from Glory452... I am well aware the 954 subframe is way different than the 929's along with the different rear tank mount... however, I'm bound to make it happen.

The 954 tank is probably the best looking sport bike tank out there to date. I'm not a big fan of the plastic covered fuel cells.

Anyway, has anyone done it before? Just wondering if I can use the 954 fuel pump and of course any other info on the swap... I didn't see any threads on it here (or online).

Might look something like this (bottom pic). Obviously I'd think of something like mesh grate for the big gap by the bottom of the tank... and of course take advantage of the bigger intake relief on the 954 tank and create new intake and covers:thumb:

You'll probably want a 954 airbox as well to fit under the tank.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Just me or that looks like a lot of work for no real gain :/
Have to agree with Morti Matt doesnt look too much diffrent to me anyway but im no expert on these models, would need to see them back to back I guess to know for sure :)

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's all good. Most people can't really tell... but I really like the sharp lines of the 954 tank (top of the tank) compared to the rounded bubble shape of the 929 tank.

I have the 1kr tail on my bike which is angular and has sharp lines so the tank will match it well... eventually I'm going to do something crazy useless to make my fairings and headlight have sharp angles too... but I want to use the 929 headlight just so people don't think it's a regular 1kr... I know lots of talk, so little time:(

·
Registered
791 Posts
If that's all, then you'd probably be better off hacking two tanks up and coming out with something individual. That way the airbox, frame, intakes, etc. won't need messing with.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts