Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which tires are best for the 954. I have michelin pilot at the moment.

Also i only need front tire, is it ok to mix or should i stick to same brand?

P.s. I only do road not track.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Tires ,if you believe all the hype will only work properly if they are in a matched pair.
Crap.
Personally i would at least keep the same usage type.
But mixing is ok.
Take it easy at first to check how they combine.

·
Registered
59 Posts
well the way im doin wit tyres is pilot power 2ct front and pilot road 2 at the back because pilot powers at the rear were only lastin 2000 miles....i should hopefully get 4000 miles outta polit road 2 at rear only trade off is the bike dosnt steer as fast if u had pilot power 2ct at rear....**** puttin on tyres every 2000 miles at 180 a pop.

·
Registered
35 Posts
My buddy has been sporting bt-015s on hsi Gixxer 1000. I have riden his bike and like the feel of them and am going to put them on my 954. Right now I am running m3s and they seem ok but am not impressed overall with how they come out of a corner.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'm currently running BT014s on the 'blade but I think Bridgestone have stoppped production of that specific type.

I think 020's have replaced them though :idunno:
no dude bt 016 replaced them....ok tyre bt 014 bit soft in middle and not great in wet.

·
Registered
7,366 Posts
no dude bt 016 replaced them....ok tyre bt 014 bit soft in middle and not great in wet.
:thumb: I stand corrected.

Haven't had many problems with mine so far, have held up quite well (even in wet) but I would suggest the BT016 would be a better tyre (as it did replace the 014s...)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts