Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to be tearing all the plastic off my bike in the next few weeks and while i'm in there, I might as well do the valves. Just curious to know what kind of "feelers" I need and where to get them. If i'm thinking correctly, like that ever happens :smilebig:, you need angled feelers. Any other tips would be helpfull as well.

On another note, at the last trackday, my friends noticed my bike would emit a large plume of dark brown smoke when I was going down the straightaway. The track we did this weekend has a dragstrip for the straightaway, I was seeing 142-145 mph corrected speed and shifting 500 BELOW redline. Well, I followed him on his RC and sure enough, there it was, dark brown smoke. I've had problems in the past with PC's, so we unhooked it and after 10 or so laps, the problem was gone. This is the second PC I've had, so it's still unhooked. During all this "smoking", the bike's performance was awesome, no issues whatsoever. Any ideas?

Also, while unhooking the PC, I noticed that there was a very small buildup of oil right were my frame slider is attached, directly under the valve cover gasket. I remember seeing it around 6 months ago, cleaned it off and just now noticed it is back. Wondering if I got a valve gasket going or a bolt is loose? Any clues on that one?

Thanks,
Tank

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That sounds EXACTLY what is happening to mine. Thanks Zippy!

Anyone got an suggestions on the valve feelers???? Bueller? Anyone?

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
You need angled valves. Sounds like that map is very rich!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts