Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone help me with a vent tube question on my 954 please?

The rubber tube from the fuel tank air vent connects to a 'T' piece behind the throttle bodies. One side of this 'T' piece has a tube that goes down to a cut out in the bottom of the left hand fairing (sits next to the fuel tank overflow tube in this cut out).

My question is where does the tube on the other side of this 'T' piece connect to, as mine has come off from somewhere and i can't see where it should go :huh:

Cheers
Simon

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Can someone help me with a vent tube question on my 954 please?

The rubber tube from the fuel tank air vent connects to a 'T' piece behind the throttle bodies. One side of this 'T' piece has a tube that goes down to a cut out in the bottom of the left hand fairing (sits next to the fuel tank overflow tube in this cut out).

My question is where does the tube on the other side of this 'T' piece connect to, as mine has come off from somewhere and i can't see where it should go :huh:

Cheers
Simon
It just splits to both sides of the bike I think.
Fuel Tank (2) Honda CBR954RR 2002 OEM Parts - Cheap Cycle Parts

·
Registered
321 Posts
ahhh okay... this makes sense now... I took this off from my bike last summer because it got disconnected some how but when i looked all over the tank and everything, didnt know where it connected... its not a necessity then?

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
ahhh okay... this makes sense now... I took this off from my bike last summer because it got disconnected some how but when i looked all over the tank and everything, didnt know where it connected... its not a necessity then?

It's just a safety thing so you don't have fuel or vapour leaking out over the hot engine or exhaust system.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I didn't connect mine up after my engine rebuild. Fuelled up at petrol station, paid and when I came out there was I reckon about a litre of fuel on ground and more dripping out. Quickly jumped on and took off as quick as possible. I just put one line up into the wiring harness on the left side up high just under the tank. Seems to have fixed my problem

1 - 7 of 7 Posts