Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody compared the 954 against the busa/zx12/xx?
I found that the busa has better stability than 954. I would like to know the other views like accelration speed stability of busa/zx12 compared to 954.
Kin

·
Registered
16,568 Posts
They're not in the same class. 'Busa/ZX-12 have an easy 250-300cc's on the 'Blade with lots more HP. You're comparing apples to oranges

·
Registered
67 Posts
ND4SPDSHO : They're not in the same class.  'Busa/ZX-12 have an easy 250-300cc's on the 'Blade with lots more HP.  You're comparing apples to oranges
agreed, but in fact we have a 929 and a zx12r in the family.  I can't ride the zx cos I'm too small but hubby has ridden the 929 as well as his zx.  When he decides to thrash the zx in a straigth line no way can I keep up with him but it doesn't tip into corners nicely and is very heavy.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
We also have a 954 and a ZX12 in the family. You can't compare the two on the same plane. Each bike was built for different purposes.

We had an XX as well and you almost can't compare the XX with the 12 or the busa either. The XX is a bit closer to them than the 954 though.

All it comes down to is riding style and preference.

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
Straight line or corners?

Go straight to the Honda showroom and point to the 954 whilst handing over the $$$ if the latter is your choice...

Z...

·
Registered
329 Posts
I say Silver Wings are the Bomb. Fast, sexy, and automatic.

SS

·
Registered
925 Posts
alexandra : We also have a 954 and a ZX12 in the family.  You can't compare the two on the same plane.  Each bike was built for different purposes.  

We had an XX as well and you almost can't compare the XX with the 12 or the busa either.  The XX is a bit closer to them than the 954 though.

All it comes down to is riding style and preference.
Cant comment on the ZX/Hababusta,
On the track--they are a joke compared to the 929/954--a bad joke
On the street, the XX is a blast to ride--ALOT smoother/comfier to ride than the 929--my XX has a rear Ohlins, some ride height adj. It handles pretty damn well for a 500lb beast---kind of like a 929 on qualudes.
My friend told me---
'Did a 'hot lap' with some of the boys--up/down my fav little twisty hwy. R1, R6, GSXR1, the XX gets a little sideways when the rear goes, and is a tad challenged in the ground clearance dept--but other than that it can certainly 'hold it own'---its funny to see peoples reaction when they cant catch/ditch the 500lb battleship---if there is a long straight line--the XX will eventually catch a GSXR1000--and its alot more stable doing it'

·
Registered
525 Posts
You want a busa or ZX-12R for going in a straight line,,,,The 954 is a much better all-around bike. I would really doubt you could use all of it's performance either on the street or track unless you have some serious skills......even in a straight line it would be hard to use all of the 954's power.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Jungleboy : 'even in a straight line it would be hard to use all of the 954's power.'

How is that so difficult?
Well among other things knowing how to shift smoothly without using the clutch, keeping the front tire on the ground when opening it up, staying away from a tank slapper, keeping the tach in the power band + a lot more things I can't think of or don't know about

·
Registered
1 Posts
KIDRR : Quote (Jungleboy @ June 03 2003, 4:33am)'even in a straight line it would be hard to use all of the 954's power.'

How is that so difficult?
Well among other things knowing how to shift smoothly without using the clutch, keeping the front tire on the ground when opening it up, staying away from a tank slapper, keeping the tach in the power band + a lot more things I can't think of or don't know about  
HAHAHA U SUCK!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Having a busa & 929.........................

Busa is my fast passenger transportation/sport tourer, although everyone wants to make it a sport bike. It's not.

929 is effortless floatation with speed in the mountain clouds. Wish I had the 929 in that Myrtle Beach traffic.

Make sense?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts