Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys lookin for some input here.. buddy has a 2000 r1 with a pc. his buddy went and bought the 954 but its been beat on.. stunted really. hollow pipe. and i have the 05 1000rr with a 2bros exhaust. whos gonna win in the race? worth puttin money on? guy with the r1 just thinks hes gonna destroy me but i dont think the carbed bike can pull it off??:idunno:

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
With my 05 RR I did several roll ons with my buddy who has an 08 R1. I pulled him pretty good all the way from 5K up to about 10K and then he passes. The 08 R1 makes more power on the top but has a soft midrange like all years. I'm a big guy and he is small so I was quite happy. This was using third gear I believe.

You should have no trouble with a 2000 R1 all other things being equal. If you try from a standing start then whoever can launch better will win.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lol sorry guys i meant the 954 to have the power commander and i guess i should throw in that i am 170lbs, r1 rider is 220 and 954 rider is also 170.. and it will never be from a stand still.. thanks for everyone's input so far

·
Registered
143 Posts
There's an art to getting any bike off the line properly so as stated it will come down to the rider.
Would be the same story around a track except for maybe top 10% of riders.
Then you would need to start looking at suspension etc instead of power to get the most out of any bike.
Only place power will make a difference is rolling starts and then you will get different results at different speeds and gears.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.