Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Does anyone have a pic of an '03 black/red 954 with the "Zorro" stripes removed? I found an '02 in the gallery, but no '03.

Otherwise, I guess I can fire up the Photoshop.

Thanks,
Franc

·
Registered
309 Posts
cbr99xx said:
Hey... That guy looks familiar. :smilebig:

did some primary paint job in your babe, sorry for not taking your permission ;)

Actually I had the same dilemma about the stripes, my new fairings will be coloured only in B/R european (w/out the black coloured sides of the tail). No stripes aswell. Will post pics when I deliver new stuff
s..

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, sorry I wasn't clear...

I meant with the '03 black tank/red lowers, not the reverse scheme on the '02s.

Thanks!
-Franc

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If I were to go ahead with de-striping, I would probably leave the tail section number plate sticker and the lower fairing "RR" and "honda" stickers. I'm just trying to decide if I want to get rid of those zig-zag stripes.

Take care,
Franc

·
Registered
79 Posts
I'm sort of going through a little different idea...

I have a 2002 954RR Black/Grey... and a second set of OEM plastic...

I pulled off everything BUT the grey stripes & Honda logo....
and getting rid of the Grey front and replacing it with the black/red front from the 03. (and taking off the red sticker from the red front fairing)

The end result will be.... black font (white honda logo), black sides with silver stipe (white honda logo), and a completely black tail. (white sticker removed)

My only debate.... I would love to get a black tank W/honda wing white logo.... final thought, if I did get a black tank... then could go completely black - thus pulling the stripes....

I'll post when I get it all together....

Note --- when pulling logos... use a hairdryer or heat gun. (but don't use tooo much heat - be careful, you'll fry clearcoat) Then use... Honda's Cleaner/Shine/Debugger --- it'll come right off...

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
I like the decals. They add some lines to the bike.

They're kind of like those puzzles that trick your eyes if you stare long enough.

It took me a while, even after I owned it, to easily see that it was actually a big Honda wing and not some "z" stripes.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If you look at it long enough, you do see the wings. I would have liked a more easily recognizable design like on my old F4 or the 929 or even the smaller wings on the 1000RR. The thin stripes make it difficult to make out the intended wings on the 954.

Take care,
Franc

1 - 16 of 16 Posts