Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here is the issue. My 954 will not crank. When I turn the key to on fuel pump wont prime and the starter button doesnt work. the cluster lights up like it should and the battery is OK. I hot wired the starter and it cranked. The engine stop relay does not click either. I took apart the kill witch looks fine. Its behaving like the kill switch is off. It is not.

If it was a problem with bank angle sensor will the starter button work?

Any help would be great. Has anyone had these same problem?

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Have you shorted the connection in the killswitch, sorry I know you said its fine, but a visual inspection can lead to false conclusions.

Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks a lot. I'll tie it off to be sure.

PS. Do you know what system controls both fuel pump and the starter?

·
Registered
737 Posts
Check your fuses. I know it sounds dumb but you would be surprised!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not sure which "killswitches" disengage the starter...

Kickstand switch?
Neutral?
They both do. but that doesn't explain the fuel pump. hrumph. It has to be a system that controls both the pump and the starter switch.

·
Registered
235 Posts
yeah mines doin the same wen i turn the key it wont prime either. it was runnung fine i went to move the bank angle sensor cuz i have a stunt shield and now it wont prime i reset the batery i keep the sensor level i checked fuse im gettin frustrated any help

·
Registered
567 Posts
So here is the issue. My 954 will not crank. When I turn the key to on fuel pump wont prime and the starter button doesnt work. the cluster lights up like it should and the battery is OK. I hot wired the starter and it cranked. The engine stop relay does not click either. I took apart the kill witch looks fine. Its behaving like the kill switch is off. It is not.

If it was a problem with bank angle sensor will the starter button work?

Any help would be great. Has anyone had these same problem?
No magic answer, get a multimeter and a manual and start checking. Visual inspections are worthless unless it's just blatantly obvious.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
i had that issue with my bike something came unpluged by that little box connected by the fairing stay
That's the bank angle sensor.

·
Registered
235 Posts
yeah it was my bank angle sensor i spliced the wires and connected the red and green cables and left the white seperate this byepassed the sensor and asa i turned thge key my pump primed and bam ma baby started

1 - 16 of 16 Posts