Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys my 03 954 wont fire. I had a problem with it last week it would nt rev smoothly it was jumping from 3000rpm to 6 or 7000 rpm, I tought I fixed that yesterday but today when i went to check it it would nt start. so i checked the plugs and it not firing on any of them.I have checked as best i can for looes connection and all ok, i have checked the pulse gen and that look ok but now i need to check the ECU but I dont have the tools, has anyone any idea what to do.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Have you checked the fuel pressure regulator isn't allowing fuel through the vacuum line?

·
Registered
8 Posts
The fuel pressure regulator wont affect it not getting spark. Are the coils fine? That would be the next place I would check after the wires.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
The fuel pressure regulator wont affect it not getting spark. Are the coils fine? That would be the next place I would check after the wires.
Sure, but no spark isn't going to cause the idle problems. No spark wouldn't let it run at all.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hi guys,
just before it stopped firing i tought i had the rev problem solved, i found that the flap in the air box was nt open when the exh valve was opening. but now i cant be sure. anyway the firing problem should be a different problem , i was thinking if it was the coils that not all would go at the same time, so i am ruling them out. i think its just a matter of elimination, i think i ll try the side stand switch next, Anyone got any other ideas

1 - 6 of 6 Posts