Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Doing my first valve adjustment on the 954 and it won't stay running now. I've only ever done my WR250f (1 cylinder) before so this is mostly new to me.

It needed three input valves adjusted and one exhaust. All were just a smidge tighter than spec and got a .05 smaller shim.

Anyway, it starts and then will run a little rough with a little difficulty before dying about 15-20 seconds later. When it dies I just get a slow pulsing red light which I'm guessing isn't a code. If I give it just a little throttle it will continue running but if I stop it will eventually die again.

I'm going to tear it down again and see if I missed anything, while welcoming your suggestions.

Damon

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Cam timing perhaps.
How much stuff did you remove to do the job?
Why are you guessing the flashing light isn't a code?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After a lot more work I think you were right that the slow blink I saw was a code 1 for the map sensor the first time and I didn't understand that.

I ended up tearing down the entire thing again. Checked the timing and everything else and all was good. But this time it threw code 2, map sensor vacuum. Apparently I had missed the vacuum hose for the map sensor both times.

She's running great again,
Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts