Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I rode my bike everyday until 5-6 weeks ago. Let it sit for 2 weeks and then rode it a few more times. It took 2-3 to turn over but it started fine after that. I let the bike sit for the last 3-4 weeks and it won't start now. I've let my SV650 sit for the last 6-7 weeks and she started up fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
Wyatt

·
Registered
7,391 Posts
Have you checked the voltage on the battery?

Does the engine spin or is there nothing there? Did you clocks flash on and off when you tried starting her after a few weeks?

Your SV runs on carbs whilst the 954RR is FI. I used to be able to get about a month out of the battery but after fitting the Datatool alarm she needs a boost for anything over two weeks. Have a think about investing in a battery tender.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I changed jobs this year which doesn't allow me to use my bike during the winter. I usually ride year round =(

Let me go borrow a tester, will let you know in 30 minutes. I do have a tender but I usually ride everyday.

·
Registered
7,391 Posts
Well I changed jobs this year which doesn't allow me to use my bike during the winter. I usually ride year round =(

Let me go borrow a tester, will let you know in 30 minutes. I do have a tender but I usually ride everyday.
Put the tender on for a few hours and see whats shes like after. Might just needed a little trickle charge.

·
Premium Member
32,104 Posts
I rode my bike everyday until 5-6 weeks ago. Let it sit for 2 weeks and then rode it a few more times. It took 2-3 to turn over but it started fine after that. I let the bike sit for the last 3-4 weeks and it won't start now. I've let my SV650 sit for the last 6-7 weeks and she started up fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
Wyatt
Any fuel smell?
Have you checked the fuel pressure regulator?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.