Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to be installing a SPY 5000M alarm on my bike sometime this week. I was wondering if anyone thinks that it would be usefull if I made a how to with pictures and detailed description of how it works and placement of the alarm. If there is a big enough need I will do so and if not I will just post a few pictures.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
ohhh fancy! lol i just put a big ass pad lock thru the front rotor. : )

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
90$ isnt bad at all. id have thought itd be more in the 500 range to get one. 90$ id consider.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
President: Team Full Chat
8,059 Posts
If it's anything like your build thread with all the pics then I would say what's the use?:idunno:

Just bustin balls Sebby:D. I would imagine a great detailed write up with pics along with the reasonable cost of the unit would gather attention. Go for it:thumb:

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If it's anything like your build thread with all the pics then I would say what's the use?:idunno:

Just bustin balls Sebby:D. I would imagine a great detailed write up with pics along with the reasonable cost of the unit would gather attention. Go for it:thumb:
I will see what I can do and how detailed I can get. I will be receiving the alarm today.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I received the alarm yesterday and did 90% of the install last night. I still have to drill a hole for the LED warning light and connect the hot and ground to the battery. I did not take many pictures but I should be able to piece together a brief how to.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The alarm is done and is working properly. I am half deaf because the siren is so loud. All in all I am very happy with the alarm and how it functions. I am able to arm and disarm it 2 blocks away from my house. I was also able to get a fob page and vibration showing that someone is messing with the bike from that distance. I could also hear the alarm somewhat as well.

The only thing I am disappointed about is I could not get the remote start to work and I know why. It is hooked up incase I decide to do so later. The bike cranks but fuel pump don't prime and it has to do with the pink wire from the ignition dropping current as a built in safety mechanism. I don't really see a need for a how to since the wiring diagram is pretty straight forward.

Red goes to + at battery
Black goes to - at battery
Black on brain unit goes to any solid ground
2 yellow wires go to blue connector/blue wire and orange connector/orange wire for lights
Blue wire goes to red/yellow wire on top of starter relay
Brown wire goes to any 12v current wire with key on
Pink wire and gray wire gets removed (Engine kill wires that can cause a lot of damage to the bike and you if activated while riding)

That is pretty much it besides placement of brain unit, siren, antenna, proximity sensor, and LED (I drilled a hole above my key hole on rear tail and placed it there so it is highly visable.) I will get a few pics and maybe a video up soon.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts