Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone I'm new here (first post) and I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right place.

Anyways I just bought a 2002 954rr and had to do some engine work (valve adjust and a melted piston). After getting everything back together I went for a test ride and all was going well until I hit 4k rpm and the bike started bucking like a rodeo bronco. If I then downshift to bring the rpms to about 5k it stops and accelerates fine until it reaches 8k rpms then starts bucking again. This is consistent regardless of what gear I'm in.

When in neutral and sitting still, I can rev the bike with no noticeable issues. Its only while in gear that I notice the issue.

I'm not a professional mechanic by any means but know enough to get by with most things.
Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Could be a fuelling problem have you pinched any fuel lines putting the tank back, is the FPR functioning , and have you cleaned filters on the fuel pump, maybe enough there to get you started. I assume you have no fault codes.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Def sounds like a fuel issue...maybe you can test the fuel pump (should be a procedure listed in the workshop manual) for flow/rate, etc.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, so both were great thoughts on the matter. I had also posted this issue on Reddit and someone had pointed out that i should check my Valve control module that controls the valves that are mid exhaust. I did have a cable that popped free of its retainer and wasn't allowing the valve to move properly but still had the issue.
a few hours of staring at it and scratching my head i had a epiphany.
Problem solved!
It was my kickstand sensor. It was literally killing the engine and then pop starting itself repeatedly while on the go. Sketchy.
Thank you all for the advice and I hope you all stay safe out there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts