Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

954rr Coolant flush

4K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  SA954RRWA542 
#1 ·
Which bolt do I unscrew to get the coolant draining on my bike could please send a detailed picture of which bolt because I'm lost or a video would be better

#4 ·
in addition to the bolt on the water pump housing jdoni pictured there is one for the upper cylinder housing as well that needs to be drained. its located on the left side just above the overflow tank. both need to be removed and drained. put back in. filled with distilled water. ran up to temp. both drained again. finally filled with

"Pro Honda HP Coolant or an equivalent high quality
ethylene glycol antifreeze containing corrosion
protection inhibitors"

i use Amazon.com: Genuine Honda Parts OL999-9011 Blue Type 2 Coolant - 1 Gallon Bottle: Automotive its virtually the same as honda pro hp.

do a quick search online for "cbr 954 service manual download" there are several places to find it as a free download online. it has the full procedure for coolant flush.

edit: i didnt notice that second pic you posted also included the upper drain jdoni. : )

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.