Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Crashed a long time ago and I just bought new engine covers. My right engine is cracked and I used jb weld to hold it together but it still leaks. I took everything off to try and repair it without realizing how damaged it is. Any ideas on sealing it up?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
IanDoohan I have the chip that’s missing from the case. The jb weld held it before, it was a slow leak. Any ideas on piecing it back together without welding?

·
President: Team Full Chat
7,874 Posts
No, It will leak until you get it welded. It's totally doable, as I did it to my 99. And I DIDN'T have the piece. A REALLY GOOD friend of mine made one from another old piece of a CRF450R engine case. I then had a local welder weld it in. It wasn't perfect, and I had to do a little "massaging" of the mating surface. Once it was welded in, I swathed a ton of Permatex black gasket sealer on the inside weld surface. It was a gamble, but it worked.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info. I guess I’ll have to deal with a leak. I don’t have access to a welder or a repair to fix it, and probably couldn’t afford it. I’ll try to patch it up again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts