Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since i stripped the bike down and rebuilt it i have been unable to install the flapper so it works with the cable.

My problem is the flapper does not want to pull down when i rev the bike. It just stays stationary.

Would somebody be kind enough to take a picture of the internals including the attachment to the servo too so i can cross examine mine. Something just is not right somewhere and i do feel the bike felt alot better with it in tact in the low rpm. I am riding it now with it out and i can certainly feel the difference.

Hope somebody can give me some insight:patriot:

·
Registered
834 Posts
Flapper goes down above 7k rpm. Its only purpose was to decrease intake noise at low rpms for noise regulations. Have you checked the cables on the servo to make sure they are installed in the correct positions. Follow the adjustment procedure in the service manual to verify the cables are installed correct for the exhaust valve and are adjusted properly. The exhaust valve not working properly will affect low rpm performance. Before I found a full exhaust I removed the flapper and all its parts in the airbox along with the cable to the servo and rode that way for a few years.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts