Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can I find a cheap place to buy a fuel pressure regulator from? My bike has no power at all and smells like a gas station. When I open the throttle up it just bogs down and dies. If I open the throttle slowly it responds better but will hesitate and will barely move the bike from a stop. Also, the bike sounds like lawn mower. I took the air filter out and washed it (K&N) and will be putting it back in today. I got a new set of NGK spark plugs that will go in today as well. I was thinking of cleaning the throttle body while I was at it. So the only thing left for me to check would be the fuel pressure regulator. So I just need to start looking at getting one so I can be prepared in case it is the problem.

Any other ideas or advice is very much appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Why not just pull the vacuum line off it and actually test if that's the problem? Will only take a few minutes, and most of that time is undoing the bolts to lift the tank up a few inches.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I pulled the vacuum line from the FPR. And when I turned the key, the damn thing started dripping like crazy. I went ahead and changed the plugs and cleaned the throttle body and while I was in there and ordered the part. I don't think I'm gonna have it for at least another week. Thats the crappy part. I was hoping I would get her up and running this weekend. But nothing I can do now. I wish someone would have this part in stock. I tried emailing the poster but no response.

Only thing left to do is change the oil on it and she is pretty much brand new. Anything else I need to look into doing or changing that is prone to failure on this bike?

Thanks.

·
Registered
83 Posts
While you wait the FPR, check the coolant level, drive chain tension and greasing. Also check the starter valve synchronization with a vacuum gauge.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
I had a local Honda shop order one in ofr me. Was @ $95. Saved me roughly $900 when purchasing the bike. Very easy to replace too

·
Registered
151 Posts
Where can I find a cheap place to buy a fuel pressure regulator from? My bike has no power at all and smells like a gas station. When I open the throttle up it just bogs down and dies. If I open the throttle slowly it responds better but will hesitate and will barely move the bike from a stop. Also, the bike sounds like lawn mower. I took the air filter out and washed it (K&N) and will be putting it back in today. I got a new set of NGK spark plugs that will go in today as well. I was thinking of cleaning the throttle body while I was at it. So the only thing left for me to check would be the fuel pressure regulator. So I just need to start looking at getting one so I can be prepared in case it is the problem.

Any other ideas or advice is very much appreciated.

Thank you in advance.
Carmichael Motorsports in Carmichael CA will sell it to you out the door for $70. They will ship also, just let them know you are a memeber of this board.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I ordered the part from PowersportsPlus.com, came out to 77 out the door. They shipped it FEDEX but had to order the part from somewhere else which caused a delay. If all goes well, I should have it before the weekend. FEDEX says October 12.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts