Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed there is a leak in the exhaust where my Hindle gets bolted on. My Hindle although DID NOT come with an exhaust gasket like the stock exhaust has. So am I in need of a gasket or what?

·
Registered
833 Posts
You will need new exhaust gaskets for the flanges that mount to the head. Any time a header is removed from the head it is recommended to change the exhaust gaskets. All the other joints (header to flanges, header to midpipe, midpipe to muffler) you need to use Ultra Copper silicone to seal those joints. You don't have to use an excessive amount either. Just a thin layer to seal each joint. You could try putting a small amount of Ultra Copper silicone on the flanges and see if they will seal against the old exhaust gaskets.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, I have never used this silicone for this application. Do I apply a thin layer to the bolt on exhaust and install it right away or wait till it dries before installing it?:confused::confused:

·
Registered
833 Posts
Are you just replacing the muffler? If so just use to stock exhaust gasket and it should seal just fine. It would take a thick bead of silicone to replace the stock gasket between the factory midpipe and a bolt-on muffler.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
I noticed there is a leak in the exhaust where my Hindle gets bolted on. My Hindle although DID NOT come with an exhaust gasket like the stock exhaust has. So am I in need of a gasket or what?

Yes, you need the gasket.
MUFFLER

1 - 6 of 6 Posts