Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last time I replaced my rear sprocket I went with an all steel version. Have had excellent results with 14K miles on it and will probably go another 5K or so. The sales guy at the time offered me a version which had a steel teeth ring pressed onto an aluminum hub to save weight. Has anyone heard of such a sprocket or if it is a good way of saving weight while providing higher tensile strength on the teeth. I've been searching google and the forum but haven't seen much spoken on this. I want to stay with the 530 pitch. Thanks for any feedback...

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Last time I replaced my rear sprocket I went with an all steel version. Have had excellent results with 14K miles on it and will probably go another 5K or so. The sales guy at the time offered me a version which had a steel teeth ring pressed onto an aluminum hub to save weight. Has anyone heard of such a sprocket or if it is a good way of saving weight while providing higher tensile strength on the teeth. I've been searching google and the forum but haven't seen much spoken on this. I want to stay with the 530 pitch. Thanks for any feedback...
Supersprox I think they're called?
Can't remember who makes them.
I just run aluminium sprockets on everything nowadays.
20,000 miles is on the low side I would've thought for steel sprockets and chain but it would depend on the quality of both.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys... This is what I was looking for :). I went to their web page and off the bat noticed they dont list any sprockets below 2004 and my 954 is a 2002. They list the 530 pitch for the 2004 CBR1000 but I'm unfamiliar with the compatibility of the 954 versus the 1000. Does anyone know if I would be able to use the CBR1000rr sprocket on my CBR954rr?

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Thanks guys... This is what I was looking for :). I went to their web page and off the bat noticed they dont list any sprockets below 2004 and my 954 is a 2002. They list the 530 pitch for the 2004 CBR1000 but I'm unfamiliar with the compatibility of the 954 versus the 1000. Does anyone know if I would be able to use the CBR1000rr sprocket on my CBR954rr?
Same sprocket pattern for the 1000RR as the 929/954 and some others as well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks bladracer. I searched a little harder and yes they do list the 954 with the 530 pitch. It also happens to be the same part number as the CBR100rr. The sprocket is double the price of the regular steel version but boy the supersprox looks cool and is lighter. When it is time to do this I plan on going with a +2/-1 where there is an overload of information already posted in the forum on this topic.

Thanks again for your help :clap:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts