Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have just brought an 03 954RR with a non working rev counter , guy i brought it from said he had replaced the clocks but still not working, must be something else?? he didn't have the old clocks

(Mileage was 19,000 at last MOT in 2012 checked online , mileage now is 15.000 , but the MOT Station put it down as 24,000 last week as they had it in Km the fools)

I have checked the voltage on the yellow/green wire from the ECM
measures 1.2v Volts with clocks connected
and 10.5 v rising with revs with clocks disconnected

The low Fuel light and all the back lights do not work either !

speedo and temp gauge , oil, high beam and turn indicators work

Can Any one throw up some suggestions ?? as dont really want to have to buy new dash and ECU

Sean

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have stripped ot the clocks , tested all the transistors , what a pain as can only be tested off the pcb , and changed all the tantalum Caps,
something is still dragging down the sense voltage , tested all the diodes , but cant test the zeners easily.
a friend looked at it for me sunday that is way more electronically skilled than me, he thinks its something off the board doing it maybe fuel level sensor or one of the other grounds

so am now giving up and have ordered a koso db-03r Digital dash , will post on fitting it to a 954 after the weekend :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have put the Koso gauges on yellow and green wire still not driving the Rev counter , but sense voltage is only being dragged down to 7v now , so i will have assume its an Ecu fault probly dry joint or something
Shame ecu is fully potted would like to have tested it

will post Koso DB-03R Fitting in Aftermarket Parts Review

1 - 4 of 4 Posts