Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I just bought a 954RR 2 days ago, love the power. Well, I had a katana 600, moved on up now. Is it just me, or does the seat, well suck on the bike. After about 20 minutes of riding, it just gets uncomfortable. I move close to the tank, then far from tank. Does anyone have any suggestions on this problem of mine? Or is it just my body type. I'm 5'10, about 172 lbs. Don't know the kilo conversion. Thanks.

P.S. Look foward to being a regular up on here and getting to know you all.

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
Seat comfort is a personal thing, so you will get many conflicting replies. Yes, it is rather uncomfortable, but it is designed (I think) for the racer in us, i.e., so you can shift your ass easily from side to side. YOUR ASS WILL ADAPT! Or not...

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
Welcome to the site! And as Booth would tell you...get a Corbin.

I say be a man (wear padded bicycling shorts). ;)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pete said:
Welcome to the site! And as Booth would tell you...get a Corbin.
Corbin huh, I'll look into that. Steer me in the right direction if you can.
I say be a man (wear padded bicycling shorts). ;)
Padded bicycle shorts, I actually own a pair, but of course I wear basketball shorts over them. ha! Thats for my cycling class at my local gym. Damn, that's a workout.

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
Yup, I find the seat uncomfortable if I'm on a freeway, but on the twistys it seems ok..
I have thought about getting the seat remade in the same shape but with better foam.

Z...

·
Registered
728 Posts
My Sargeant made a huge difference in comfort, but my seat pan did crack clean through. I just finished putting the Sargeant fabric/foam on my stock seat pan and all is good again. :)

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I was talking to a guy the other day who said he had his seat reupholstered for about $AU40 by a local upholsterer. The seat felt pretty comfy but it might be a different story after an hour or so. At some stage I think I look into doing this, it’s a cheap and effective option it seems.

After lining up my 1000RR beside a ZX-R6, R6 and a GSX-R1000, my seat was like a rock, R6 the next worst, the ZX-R6 next and the GSX-R1000 sitting pretty with a nice slab of padding.

But by the same token it takes me about 1 hour to start feeling my seat but that might just be the stock padding that comes standard with me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts