Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

The speedo on my bike went out and I have no idea what speed I am traveling. The light blinks 11 times, which means either a faulty speed sensor or bad connection. What I am not sure of is where this sensor is located? How do I get to it and what does it look like? This way I can check the connection on the bike before ordering a new sensor.

Thanks for all input.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Hello everyone,

The speedo on my bike went out and I have no idea what speed I am traveling. The light blinks 11 times, which means either a faulty speed sensor or bad connection. What I am not sure of is where this sensor is located? How do I get to it and what does it look like? This way I can check the connection on the bike before ordering a new sensor.

Thanks for all input.

On top of the transmission, the test process should be detailed in the manual.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What do I have to take off to get there though? Do I go from the top by taking the tank off? Or can I access it from the sides?

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
What do I have to take off to get there though? Do I go from the top by taking the tank off? Or can I access it from the sides?

First, I would check it at the connector.
If it fails then pull the tank and check at the sensor itself to rule out bad wiring.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts