Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
21 - 40 of 55 Posts
Re: Help! 954RR Stock Ride Height Measurement Needed

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Your pleas are convincing. Actually, I hadn't popped on the link. Get this - I was going to measure when I got home, but called the kids - they lost my tape measure.

If you don't have the measurements by Friday afternoon, since I'm literally 'booked' til then, I'll pick up a tape measure on the way home and measure it up for you.

Conq can keep the freebie. Quit roaming the streets before you get arrested. :D

It wouldnt be supprising if you didnt get two identical figures for these measurements if you measured a dozen 954's.. My bike is set up for the track, turns in nicely, holds a line really well, doesnt spin up too badly and doesnt really have any nasty habits. I can give you some ball park figures that will work well but as Abtech said many of the these adjustments overlap each other therefore someone else may have a different combination of adjustments that end up with a bike that handles very similar so here goes...

Front sag with the bike upright no rider: 27mm
Front sag with me onbaord: 35mm
(I have 0.95kg/mm springs and the Forks have also been slid up through the clamps 12mm)

Now I can give you a total extended front height (supported by steering stem stand) measured from the top surface of the upper tripple clamp to the center of the front axle, the reason I have measured this that I have only just installed a set of 1000rr forks and radial calipers on my 954 and was checking a few things to try and get my bike set up very similar toi it was before.

Anyway the measurement I got with the forks fully extended was 627mm or 600mm with the bike under its own weight or 592mm with me on board.

I will be down in the garage tomorrow afternoon, I can give you all my measurements and I also have a standard shock that I can measure the free length of if you need me to?

Cheers Jai

Discussion starter · #23 · (Edited)

Thanks Jungleboy. However, I need the measurements on the stock front forks at stock height in the triples. Any that have been worked on and had springs added are going to change that measurement.

Thanks for the offer, Scout! The buddy that's helping me keeps asking me about it, and we already burnt most of last weekend trying to set it up. If for some reason you run across your tape measure and have time Friday evening, I could still use your measurement. Thanks again.

Stock measurements still needed folks! (btw, Conq, I owe you brunch at Michael's :D)

Wish I could help, unless you will be satisfied with 929 fork height (still the same ain't it?) :idunno:

I am suprised noone has given the measurements either...

Discussion starter · #25 ·

Scout said:
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Your pleas are convincing. Actually, I hadn't popped on the link. Get this - I was going to measure when I got home, but called the kids - they lost my tape measure.

If you don't have the measurements by Friday afternoon, since I'm literally 'booked' til then, I'll pick up a tape measure on the way home and measure it up for you.

Conq can keep the freebie. Quit roaming the streets before you get arrested. :D
:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Looks like you da man! I'd rather have it from a trusty source anyway, not someone looking to get a free membership. I'd love to mess with it Saturday, so if you could find the time to measure it tomorrow night, I really would appreciate it.

Since I'm making requests, if you could measure the front from the bottom of the lower triple clamp to the bottom of the fork leg (past the pinch bolts) that's what I think would be most accurate. Sidestand or rear stand with no rider. TIA!

Re: 954RR Stock Ride Height Measurement*One year free Supporting Membership offer!

Heres what I have from the 929 is 19" from the bottom of the triple to the bottom of the forks and 13 3/8 from your first request, not sure I am a trusty source though:D JK.
I know you wanted a 954 but you can compare this to see if the 929's are the same as the 954 length. Hope you get it sorted out soon...

Re: 954RR Stock Ride Height Measurement*One year free Supporting Membership offer!

Hope this helps. This is the first I have seen this thread, so first off let me apologize that I did'nt get to this sooner. These are from my low mileage non-stunted 2003 954 using a completely stock set of forks.I took 3 sets of consecutive measurements for you using a 2 foot steel rule as I thought this would be slightly more accurate then a tape measure. The process involved me removing my bike from both front and rear stands, and loading the bike back on the stands all 3 times. Sitting level and unloaded on front and rear Handystands the measurements are as follows. 18 3/8 from the bottom of the lower triple clamp to the bottom of the fork leg below the pinch bolts. Also took a measurement from the bottom of the fork seal to the bottom of the fork leg below the pinch bolts. This measurement was 9 3/16. I beleive these are fairly accurate since the measurements stayed the same all 3 times from the process I used above. Hope this helps. Would you still like a rear measurement also. Can do the same for you there too.

:hyper: yay he finally got an answer. I woulda done it a long time ago if I had a 954 (it's not like its a hard thing to measure).

hope thats what you need.

Discussion starter · #30 ·

Ok Throatfudge! Now we're getting somewhere.

So is that static measurement just after lifting the bike and letting it settle, or is it after pushing the bike down then letting it slowly rise back to position?

Or is it from just riding it in, parking it, putting it on and taking it off the stand? Thanks for the measurements, I'll check them soon and see where I'm at!

Discussion starter · #32 ·

ConqSoft said:
Did you need measurements on front/rear stands, or while sitting normally on the side stand?
I can work with either as long as the front stand lifts from the bottom of the fork legs. I can just put mine on the front pitbull.

I'd love to have the sidestand measurement as an extra, just because that thing leans so far over.

Discussion starter · #34 ·

Scout said:
Let me know if you got what you needed. I can still take some measurements after 2pm West Coast time.
Thanks, I'd like to have another set of measurements just so I know a working range / variant height. I'm planning on measuring/ trimming spacer/ adjusting everything tomorrow after lunch.

:patriot:

Discussion starter · #35 ·

ConqSoft said:
Ok. So does Throatfudge get the reward? :allears:
I would say so! :thumb:

I hope those measurements are indicative of factory spec, but I have no reason to doubt them.

21 - 40 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.