Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all..

i from singapore and new in this forum..

just came back from my track session and i'm totally disappointed. i'm running on a pair of diablo 120 front and 180 rear. tire pressure is 31 front & 34 rear. my bike get very nervous and unstable in the mids of corner and exit wide. it feels like the rear traction is not good and the bike wobbling. back in the pit, my front tire looks good but the rear show sign of no traction at the edge.

my rear feels very light and wobbling. at times lift off under hard braking.

previously i run on a pair of diablo 120 front and 190 rear and it feels good. after listening to many people that size 180 allows better directional change and traction i switch to a 180..

no suspension change have been made and is the same tire pressure i use perivously..

is it my preload, damping or this tire just can't make it.

so any pro out there can advise me.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Try these settings:

Rear Shock:
Preload: Position 6 from minimum
Rebound: 2 turns out from fully in
Compression: 1 turn out from fully in

Front Forks:
Preload: 9 full turns out from fully in
Rebound: 2 turns out from fully in
Compression: 1 turn out from fully in

Tyres:
31F, 30R on Diablos

·
Registered
356 Posts
oy kawan, apa kabar?! well that's as far as my malay goes..
grew up in Woodlands, anyway... those settings above should work well :)
go test it at Sepang :) only 4 hours away right? :smilebig:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
DavidW: hmm that pretty close to my setting too.. but i use 7 turn of preload instate of 9.. will give it a try anyway..

Chindian: haha i chinese here dunno malay also.. wanted to try the world class track at sepang but its jus a bit too far from singapore and going to be shake out before i reach there..

anyway did anyone knows the race sag and rider sag for 954 here can kindly help.. wanted to do it again..

·
Registered
75 Posts
Try using the tyre pressures that davidw suggests (or 32F, 30 R). With 34R your rear tyre probably reaches temperatures in the low 40s after a few laps :)

Don't worry that much about your suspension though.. if it wasn't working properly your rear tyre would be chewed up..

I don't have my settings with me but they are similar to davids.. more preload and a bit more rebound damping..

I've also tried adjusting the sag properly but the bike felt awkward... probably I did something wrong... hehe

Try experimenting with 1-2 changes at a time and see how it goes from there... suspension settings are not the same for everyone...

ps. post some pics from sepang!

·
Registered
168 Posts
The settings above were as a start point for you. They worked pretty well for me but everybody has their own preferences. I also fitted 3mm spacer on top of the rear shock to help the bike turn faster on track, but you would need to fit a steering damper because it would be too twitchy for the road.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i rised my fork 5mm when i was using the 190/50 rear and it works great.. changing to a higher tire 180/55, my rear feels very high up..

i was thinking is it because of too much weight shifted infront causing the rear to lost traction and front to turn wide.. after resetting it back to normal my bike feels weird but i haven't got e chance to try out e corners..

hmm i didn't get a chance to ride in sepang but i have latest GP photos..Moto GP

1 - 8 of 8 Posts