Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 02 954rr is making this annoying ticking noise that gets faster as the rpm's go up, I took it to a shop, an at 1st they said it was the cam chain tensioner , but after they got into it they found out that wasn't it. so then they said it was the valves, but that wasn't it either. so after I pay them 600 dollars to fix all the things they said were wrong with my bike, but actually weren't, then they tell me the noise is normal...bull ****...so is there any 1 that has a 954 tats had the same issue an actually found out what is causing the annoying ticking sound??

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
my 02 954rr is making this annoying ticking noise that gets faster as the rpm's go up, I took it to a shop, an at 1st they said it was the cam chain tensioner , but after they got into it they found out that wasn't it. so then they said it was the valves, but that wasn't it either. so after I pay them 600 dollars to fix all the things they said were wrong with my bike, but actually weren't, then they tell me the noise is normal...bull ****...so is there any 1 that has a 954 tats had the same issue an actually found out what is causing the annoying ticking sound??

Your engine sounds different to other 954's?
The noise gets faster with RPM but not louder?
Is the noise different in neutral to when in gear?
Does pulling the clutch lever make any difference?
Any different when the engine is cold?
Can you video it (with a handful of rags over the muffler outlet so we can hear the engine)?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts