Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For us lazy guys. Can all the 954rr owners put down your weight, and what your preload settings are. Also the sag measurements would be good, to alternate between race and street.

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
I'm over 230 in gear and am totally maxed on fork preload... and still the fork is too soft. I'll be replacing the springs with some 1.0 Racetechs this winter.

As for the rear, I'm one click preload out from full hard.

Front sag is still a bit excessive (by about 5-7mm). Rear sag is within normally accepted ranges.

I'm pretty much exclusively a street rider, but I won't likely change my settings for a track day I've got planned.

Here's some reading for you, fwiw.

http://www.motorpsycle.com/Library/SettingStaticSag.pdf

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Never ask a lady her weight.......

Anyway, can't help you because I had my forks reworked by Dan Kyle and I don't have a stock rear shock. So, my #'s would be totally worthless to you.

Keep trying....you could also search previous posts as this is a very common question.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am about 190-5lbs with gear on.

Fronts I got 9 turns
Rear I have 7 Clicks
Rebound and compression are stock

When I ride alone the rear bounces like crazy off bumps etc. But handles beautiful.
With a passenger it is even sweeter. What should I do to compensate when I am riding alone. To lessen the hops that is.

Mine is explicitly for street. This is with no measuring, just add a few clicks to see how it feels. Want to know what the others have already.

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
140-145 lbs. suited up.  Have had the 954 for 1 1/2 years/5400miles - I know, low miles  .  Have been utterly lazy and have not touched stock suspension settings -never have on any bike.  I am just totally remiss when it comes to suspension, stupid, I know.  My arse also get bounced/pancaked off the seat when I hit any sort of small bump at any kind of speed.  Don't have the $$ to upgrade suspension but I also would love any input from riders in my weight category.  From this forum I have learned that setting sag is priority step #1, but for my weight where to go from there.  Sorry, not trying to hijack, just hope lots of folks will chime in at different weights.

Edit: oops, for aggressive street, not track...

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Bacchus : 140-145 lbs. suited up.  
What a gurly man....unless you are like 3' tall...

J(no H)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Can we get some more numbers here guys. How about someone who weighs 190-200 lbs. Please post your settings.

Settings for street. The usual.
Preload
Compression
Rebound

·
Registered
34 Posts
just_john : Can we get some more numbers here guys.  How about someone who weighs 190-200 lbs.  Please post your settings.

Settings for street.  The usual.
Preload
Compression
Rebound
Hey John, I'm 5'10 & 185lbs. and here are my settings

Track or Canyon Days
Front
Pre = 8 turns out stiff
Reb= 1.5 turns out from stiff
Com=2.5 turns out from stiff

Rear
Pre = 6 of 9
Reb= 2.25 turns out from stiff
Com= 2.5 turns out from stiff

Street Days or going to work :) I leave all the compression rebound settings alone and just basically soften up the springs on both ends.

Front
Pre = 10 or 11 turns out from stiff

Rear
Pre = 3 or 4 out of 9

I basically copied Sportrider's setting on their website and it seems to work well. Good luck to you.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I'm about 190 - 195 in riding gear.

I've got the bike set up with Sport Rider setting as well, but found the front end to still be too soft. I'm currently running 5 turns out from full-hard. Otherwise everything is as stated above.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts