Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any1 know of a good forum directly related to 954s or Fireblades ONLY? i think one that is geared twards Fireblades only, like how ********** is geared twards 600rrs only it would help a lot. I've been searching many forums and cannot find one that was set up as well or gave me more information easily then ********** (i previously owned a 600rr if u couldnt notice lol) and im trying to get back on that level

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
this forum was originally made for fireblades only, then other models were added. Look at threads regarding other models, there are very few posts so this forum is basically a fireblade only forum.

People on here know anything and everything about the 900, 929, 954 & 1000;
just ask!

·
Premium Member
21,012 Posts
this forum was originally made for fireblades only, then other models were added. Look at threads regarding other models, there are very few posts so this forum is basically a fireblade only forum.

People on here know anything and everything about the 900, 929, 954 & 1000;
just ask!
:plus1: A forum like this one is all about communicating with each other..REAL people. If they were to change it into solely a DATABASE then there would be no need for much interaction....goodbye FORUM.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Premium Member
21,012 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I know what you mean anyst8ofm1nd, i had a 954 and i traded it for a cruiser. I think i was slightly deranged at the time! When i got over that phase i bought a vfr800 but it didnt take me long to realise that i was an idiot to sell my 954, so i sold the vfr and went on the hunt for another 954.
But after seeing some of the bikes that were on offer i started to look at the 04 1000rr models as they were getting close in price. To make a long story short i bought a 04 1000rr and even though its a beautifull bike i still find myself looking up the 954rr online and in for sale adds. I think its like the question of which is the best blade, i owned the best blade and i didnt realise it until i sold it! So now im in the quandry of if i should sell my 04 1000rr and buy another 954 or if i should keep the bike i have, even though i find it without any real character like the 954rr. Any sugestions??

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ok here goes, the differences between the 954rr and the 1000rr. I think someone should write a book on this subject because it always causes much controversy. Well here is my two cents anyway. First off we are talking about two of the most iconic bikes developed by the big H and both are stunning machines in their own right. That's quite a statement but if you think about it the 954rr was the last of the original blades and was at the limit of its capacity for the engine, so it was the end of an era as the new bike was going in a different direction with World Super Bikes in mind. The new 1000cc engine in the new bike is completely different and of course much more powerful but while it gave professional racers on the track the edge it left a lot of road riders feeling cold. This was due in part to the power delivery and long wheel base combining to make you feel like you weren't going as fast as you actually were. Of course the 1000rr is amazingly composed in turns due to the mass centralised engine and gearbox and it does have a good top end rush but as a road bike it can leave you feeling un-moved to a degree. We all like to think we need 160 or 170 horse power for the road but the truth is we just like the idea of having that power without actually using it for the most part. Tadeo Baba the original designer of the fireblade understood this in that his philosophy was usability and that shows very much so in his final and favorite blade the 954rr. The bike was and still is a fantastic road bike with a power delivery that seems more urgent than the 1000rr and at the same time is not as vicious as say a gsxr1000.
I will leave the final word to an extract taken from a 2006 supplement on best used litre bikes of the year, "in evolving from brain-scrambling lunatic to discretion and manners there was a crossover a moment of perfect balance, a beautiful fusion of past and future CBR development. The rr2 is it."
The number one used litre bike chosen by Bike magazine was of course the 954rr. So i guess you know where my loyalty lies by now,for me at least the 954rr is the most beautiful of all the blades even to date and is more than enough power for the road.
By the way the bike that came 2nd in that 2006 survey was the 2003 gsxr1000:cool:

·
Registered
85 Posts
ahh.. baba-san ;)

thanks snapple; well thought opinion. enjoyed the read.

i like the damper on the '04 and the tucked muffler; cleaner look in back.

the powerband on the 954rr does have more... "personality", and for street riding i like the ergos much better.

the jury is out on the rest of it, at least for me... either way they certainly are nice bikes.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.