Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone, I'm trying to get a fork that fits my 900rr but nobody on ebay seems to have one. I already tried a 1000F and that didn't fit the triple tree at all. Also that would have messed with the brakes...

Does anyone know an alternative front fork, or even a complete front end that we can bolt to the fork hole of a 1996 900? I was hearing that a 1000RR might fit but I was hoping to get verification here. I'd even be happy to get like an R1 or some other triple tree and fork for the bike. I don't have any front end right now so I can do anything I need to as far as wheels/brakes/etc. (project bike after partial part out by previous owner)

There is one other option, I have a triple tree for a 900 and I have a fork and tree for a 1000F, it's possible to grind out the weld for the center post of both trees and put the shorter post into the tree for the 1000F fork but I'd like to leave that as a last resort if possible.

<br><br>
Edit: Apparently I was wrong, I thought I had a 929 but I have a 900rr that displaces only 919cc's which makes it not, what I originally believed, a 929.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Re: 929 fork replacement troubles

Hi everyone, I'm trying to get a fork that fits my 929 but nobody on ebay seems to have one. I already tried a 1000F and that didn't fit the triple tree at all. Also that would have messed with the brakes...

Does anyone know an alternative front fork, or even a complete front end that we can bolt to the fork hole of a 1996 929? I was hearing that a 1000RR might fit but I was hoping to get verification here. I'd even be happy to get like an R1 or some other triple tree and fork for the bike. I don't have any front end right now so I can do anything I need to as far as wheels/brakes/etc. (project bike after partial part out by previous owner)

There is one other option, I have a triple tree for a 929 and I have a fork and tree for a 1000F, it's possible to grind out the weld for the center post of both trees and put the shorter post into the tree for the 1000F fork but I'd like to leave that as a last resort if possible.

There is no such thing as a '96 929.
The 929 was only manufactured for 2000 and 2001.
CBR1000F forks wouldn't be a good choice in my opinion, stick with something from a sportsbike.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts