Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, a couple questions.. Bike is not returning in heat or speed readings where it ought to on the display. RPMs however do show properly.

Secondly, I have an aftermarket exhaust for the bike and the diamater is too wide for the pipe. So I wonder, what do I get to fix this sot hat the can will slip on as it's supposed to? Am I missing a piece that should have come with the muffler?

AND finally... good place to get tires? these knobbies aren't too pretty.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Alright, a couple questions.. Bike is not returning in heat or speed readings where it ought to on the display. RPMs however do show properly.

What do you mean by heat and speed readings not being right?

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Sorry, as in nothing at all... The needles do not move on the speedo, or engine temp. gauges.

Have you checked that the speed sensor and temp sensor are actually connected to the harness?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did in fact, which is what I'm confused about. The wiring harness up to this point looks good too, and the sensors are connected. I see no faults in them they look good far as I can tell..

·
Registered
567 Posts

Secondly, I have an aftermarket exhaust for the bike and the diamater is too wide for the pipe. So I wonder, what do I get to fix this sot hat the can will slip on as it's supposed to? Am I missing a piece that should have come with the muffler?

AND finally... good place to get tires? these knobbies aren't too pretty.
The tachometer is powered separately from the rest of the gauges. Since both your speedometer and temp gauge are not working correctly, it's unlikely to be the instrument cluster, you have a power or ground issue.

Check your fuses and if they check out then get a run of wire and run it from the Black/Brown wire where it attaches to the back of the cluster to battery positive. If the gauges work then, your Black/Brown wire is shorted or open in the harness.

If they still won't work, then run a wire from Green/Black on the cluster to battery ground. If they work, then you have an open in the Green/Black wire.

If neither works, then you would have to go deeper into the gauges with a meter and it would still most likely be repairable.

As for the exhaust, go to a muffler shop and have them fabricate a collar and weld it on.

Tires? http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/

1 - 8 of 8 Posts