Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased the bike and the last owner was very short and had the bike lowered alot but the adjustable link is turned all the way in so I can't take it no higher the off thing I am wondering is did they turn my triangle bracket around different than the way it is supposed to go I don't know what way is correct because as of now the link cannot raise the bike and the bottom of the shock is almost touching the lowering link the last owner was about 5'5 I'm 5'11

·
President: Team Full Chat
7,897 Posts
Welcome to Fireblades! Can you post a picture of your link set up and triangles?

The triangles may have a directional arrow on them, I know my 93 does, and the rate and height can be altered by putting them on in a different way.

You might just want to get an OEM dog bone link to get it back to stock height.

Post some pictures of your bike.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
  1. Ya I was thinking about getting one I did last night manage to get it to stock height I think I'm not sure where u measure the seat height from rather its from the top or bottom of seat but the only issue im now not really sure about Is the fact the bottom of the shock is completely against the lowering linkage I'm not sure if that's ok or if it'll hurt anything being like that

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya I had it the other way when I made this post but I decided to try and flip it to see if I could get the height back untill I can get a factory dogbone for it do you think it will hurt anything with the shock touching like that? Problem with having it the other way is my link turned all the way in still had it lowered by almost 4 inches it's 6 1/2 inchs long all the way turned in do you know how long a factory dogbone is by chance

·
President: Team Full Chat
7,897 Posts
All I can say is that if it were me and my bike, I wouldn’t be riding it. I wouldn’t be able to figure the forces involved and would be too worried about the dog bone snapping or not having full travel of the suspension.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts