Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello im knew to this site so if i mess somthing up sorry

i have a 96 cbr 600rr repsol edition and i dumped it, breaking the plastics and was wondering if i can only put 96 plastics on it or if other years will fit :idunno:

Thanks

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
hello im knew to this site so if i mess somthing up sorry

i have a 96 cbr 600rr repsol edition and i dumped it, breaking the plastics and was wondering if i can only put 96 plastics on it or if other years will fit :idunno:

Thanks

There is no '96 600RR, it was introduced in '03.
Do you mean the 600F3 or the 900RR?
Either way, the Repsol kit will be a Chinese replica kit.
I _think_ '95-'98 F3 and '96/'97 900RR fairings are the same.
Fairing for Honda CBR 600 CBR600 F3 97-98 Orange ABS | eBay

96-97 Honda CBR 900 RR 900RR 893 Fireblade FAIRING | eBay

·
Registered
917 Posts
Also, unless there is a piece broken out of the plastics, zipties are your friend. You can drill a couple holes on each side of the crack and run zipties through the holes. It will hold it just like it was supposed to be that way until you get find the new plastics.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Also, unless there is a piece broken out of the plastics, zipties are your friend. You can drill a couple holes on each side of the crack and run zipties through the holes. It will hold it just like it was supposed to be that way until you get find the new plastics.

Absolutely!
My ZX6R plastics were smashed to pieces when I got it and I rode it for years with it all zip-tied together. It's only about a month ago that I finally finished sticking it all together with expanded aluminium mesh and black silicone - no more cable-ties :)

·
Registered
917 Posts
It's all about year, and model. 96 CBR600f3 and you are rolling. You should be able to get a full set of plastics about $500 - $1200 after market. Not sure but you would be all the way in the deep end of the pool for oem plastics, but if you care that much then by all means. I would definitely research the manufacturers before you buy. Some of the Chinese stuff is spot on, and some would need minor adjustments for fitment and alignment. Glad I'm not the only one that is friends with the zip-ties. I have a couple issues with my plastic. Missing the plastic around taillight, two big zip-ties and it's ready. My Son's 600 is the zip-tie poster child. I'm probably getting a fresh set of plastics this off season for a weekend project for it.
Anyway, there are lots of Asian manufacturers to choose from, just let us know when you get it, and how it went. There is a section for reviews here. We all like to know how it goes with pictures.
BTW, I seen an add somewhere about plastic/fiber glass "Welding". Basically repairing it. I know that most of the local body shops say they can fix cracks, and custom paint. That my be your other option. Nothing like a custom paint job with road rash on it. Maybe I'll just get a road rash paint job, so no one can tell.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
i think its a f3 then sorry
im not realy worried about putting repsol fairings back on it if it doesnt matter what kind i put back on just the years that will fit on the bike
I have them zipp tied up thanks for the advice
The bike befor i dumped it
cbr600.jpg picture by red8dill - Photobucket

'95/'96 plastics should be the same.
'97/'98 are a little different but I think they still fit just fine.
The headlight is the same but the tail light is different so you may want to check if your tail light will fit the later fairing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts