Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought this bike I had it for a week everything runs fine I take it to work about an hour ride I get to work shut my bike off and I hear a loud beeping sound I didn't think anything of it until I came out from work and my battery was dead I had someone come and give me a jump it jumped fine on my way home I stop at a gas station get gas bike won't start has to get jumped again also my bike is over heating terribly it gets so hot sitting at lights I went and got a new batter the bike started right up I rode it for about and hour shut it off I'm going to try an start it when I get home from work today I'm going to make sure that recitifier is charging my bike if that's bad Ill change that but what about the heating problem what could it be new bike all I want to do is ride :rant: someone please help me give me some advice

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's overheating like ridiculously I think my fan isn't running I had to jump it the other day I think I might of fried something or blown a fuse I know it'll get hot in traffic but it's hot as can be I don't know what to check first the fuses then the fan?

·
Registered
138 Posts
my fan comes on at 215 .. it seems like your on the right track to finding your problem, again what temp is it running at???

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My bike doesn't tell me the temp it just says h an c and I checked my battery and when reving my bike the battery is at like 18V

·
Registered
993 Posts
check the fluid levels in the radiator (when cool) the fan might be running all the time because the fluid may be low and that'll cause your battery to die and your bike to overheat (I have a fan over-ride switch I know you can't run it ALL the time).

I own a 96 F3 (wife's bike) and it'll boil over if it getts to the H on the temp gauge... If you're not boiling over than I'm sure that you have no fluid in your radiator.

GL!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I haven't seen my fan turn on at all and yea your right it gets the whole way to the H and the fan doesn't turn on at all

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Coolant level is good Im going to change the voltage regulator but that's not going to solve my heating problem and I had blown fuse to my fan I changed it and went on a 15 min ride and it blew again?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts